Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Thank you for the music

salsal
edited May 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Just a quick note to say my article 'Thank you for the Music' has been published in People's Friend.
  • Well done!
  • Congratulations Sal - is it in this week's issue?
  • Great Sal.
  • Well done.
  • Excellent news, well done :O)

Gary and Carol :O)
  • Thank you all.  Its great to have mates which is why I told you the news.  Not sure of exact date as PF sends me an advance copy.  PS After working on it for months, my non fiction book is also accepted by a publisher and is going out about Xmas time. Yes,I had a great time on Wednesday especially winning the raffle for Thortons chocs and meeting up with Jude Morgan and all the U3A members.  Might get round to joining when I can find the time to draw breath.
  • A book, too! Wow!
  • Congratulations on the book and the article Sal. Let us know which edition of PF when you know
  • A wow from me too - a book!
  • There you are Sal,

A great wad of time with nothing seemingly happening then two good results in quick(?) succession. Remember everything, supposedly, comes in threes.
  • Well, done, Sal, sounds like you're on a roll.
  • Thanks again.  I have worked on the book all year and received much help from Talkback friends regarding photos and technique. I think article is this week's PF-its my 10th and two more in the running.  Let's have a party!!!!!
  • Congratulations Sal!
  • I read the article in this week's PF. Well done
  • Well done Sal.  I'll buy PF tomorrow and have a look.
  • p.s.  It is in May 13th issue of People's Friend
  • I bought PF this morning and read your article Sal. It's very interesting. I remember Lonnie Donegan and his song about the chewing gum round the bedpost. I also remember 'rock around the clock'. The item brought back some memories. 
  • Sal, are you the Sally Bowler on the letters' page of the current issue of Writing Magazine?
  • I read the Sally Bowler letter - surely you must be the same as the lady wot writ the PF item.
  • Yes, thats me.
  • Well done - the letter was very interesting.
  • Such good news, Sal, I have many happy memories of an early love and his record collection which featured many Lonnie Donnegan songs!
  • Sal - I'm just off to read your letter.  Well done on all the recent stuff mentioned herein.  It's all wonderful news.
  • PS  Just heard another piece on 'Bad Hair Days' is in PF on May29th.