Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Electronic version of index cards, Powerpoint slideshow

edited May 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Here is something I recommend for planning your next piece of work. Do a dummy run though to see if it does work. Go into powerpoint, select your appropriate slide then move long the top until you see the section on creating your own slide show or just create index cards electronically. Then lay out your plan. Set up a title page then contents, lay out your contents page, ordinary world, extraordinary world characters etc.etc etc. Then your storyline, notes - synopsis, exposition, conflict, solution then break it down further, list your characters then work on some attributes, composing short summary notes as a guide or trigger point then continue on from there.  Then you can go through each one, transfer each stage over to Word, using Document map or use frames - might be an alternative to New Novelist or other software if you do not want to spend the earth or want a change. Just an idea. Go on, have some fun, experiment, you might be surprised, find out what this software can do for you. Admittedly it took me a while to work it out. I saw one being created at work and discussed it with the person who was doing it for the RST who believes it might make an ideal way to plan one's stories, even screenplays could be planned likewise. Good luck if you take up the tip  Woll52
  • What a good idea Woll52.