Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

YIPPEE = I'VE DONE IT AT LAST!!!!

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I've just posted a contract to publish my book!
    I feel very happy, incredibly proud of myself, loving the publishers who love my book and even the fact that I failed my driving test for the fourth time cannot sully my ecstatic mood.

Hopefully the book will be on the shelves later this year. Haven't finalised that sort of thing yet, the contract doesn't state it, but they are a lovely, approachable publisher and I'm really looking forward to working with them to produce the book.

Yahoo! Oh My - my book is going to be published! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Does everyone else have this kind of intense buzz from being published? Maybe it's just me, when my feature article came out last year, I was having the same reaction!

It just remains to say a big, big, THANK YOU to all of you here who have offered so much support, advice and encouragement.
  • Oh Moira, I am sooooo pleased for you! Didn't I tell you to hang in there? Well done, well done, well done! Now go out and buy yourself something nice to congratulate yourself! I am sooooo excited for you!
  • That is EXCELLENT news - shout it from the rooftops, tell everyone you know! Then when the book is published tell us so we can buy a copy!!!
  • Fantastic Moira.  Well done and may there be many more. 
  • Good on ya, girl.
  • Many many congratulations Moira!! That is such great news! I can understand your reaction totally, I know I would be exactly the same if it was me!! You'll have to definitely let us know about the book so I can buy it!!

Your achievement has kept me motivated about my writing as well! :)
  • Congraulations, Moira! This is really great.

Don't worry about the driving test - I bet you're flying all the time now.
  • YES! Well done Moira! I really am pleased for you.  I hope you do something special to celebrate, or buy yourself something nice that will mark the occasion. CONGRATULATIONS!  Bask in it, you deserve to.
  • Oh wonderful - what's the weather like up there on Cloud Nine? Marvellous news!
  • Thanks everybody. I did do a little bit of celebration last night (nudge, nudge) but I like the idea several of you put forward that I should reward myself with something special... see you later, I'm off shopping!
  • Great news Moira.  Go out and get wazzed and have a Bucks Fizz on me.
  • Thanks, Sal, but it's strictly no alcohol for me, I've been tee-total for about eight years. Will certainly have a great deal of my only real vice, though - Chocolate!
  • Wonderful news, Moira. I'm so pleased for you. It'll be fifth time lucky on the driving test, just you see.
  • Wow - well done Moira!  If you had to make a choice between having your book published and passing your driving test I guess you'd probably choose the book anyway.
  • I sure would, Lily, who needs a car anyway, my OH can drive and there's always the trains!
  • Many, many congratulations on your great news, Moira.
  • Well done, Moira, many congrats, it's always lovely to know there are people being published because they've really worked hard for it.

Please let us know the details as and when so we can go and bump up your sales!
  • Congratualtions Moira that's great. It must be an incredible feeling. I'm really happy for you.
  • Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling it must be.  All puffed up with pride!! Well done!
  • Somebody is a tad over-excited methinks
    Can't say I blame you, this is fantastic news and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Let us know when your book hits the shelves as I am sure we will all want to push the sales up.
    Congratulations
  • Yay! Go Moira!
  • Well done Moira,
    I think you've managed to share your excitement well.

Now it's time to start planning your next project. There must be more than one book inside all that ebulliance.
  • It's not being over-excited, but I think a natural reaction for anyone who seriously wants to be a writer and finally gets a book deal.

Thank you everyone for all the good wishes and I hope everyone gets to feel this fabulous too!
  • Well done!!! Give us all the details when you know them.
  • This is excellent news!!!  Congratulations!  What's your book about?
  • For anyone interested, my book is now on the catalogue listing for Capall Bann.

http://www.capallbann.co.uk/prodpage.cfm?CategoryID=3403&next=21

(scroll down the page a bit)
  • I've had a look and I am very impressed.
    Good on you Moira. Another success story to inspire us all.
    Good luck!
  • Hi Moria

I'm so pleased for you - what a wonderful achievement - you must be absolutely thrilled. I can't imagine how it must feel to be published, and can't wait to go to the link and have a look!
    Many many congratulations
    Lizzie
  • thank you, it is pretty awesome, but the book won't be out until Autumn! It seems like years away!
  • What can I say that everyone else has said, well done indeed and the very incentive everyone else needs to persevere. There is no getting away with it, it has spurred me on if anything to rethink my book at the moment which is dragging its feet and I know where the problem is. Like a scratched record, the needle has got stuck on mine so it needs a complete rewrite but I had this feeling for sometime. Now I know I have to do something to save it from its inevitable fate. My temptation is to erase all that I have and some of the characters. Start with scenes in the notes secion of New Novelist and then work my way through. Anyway I and many others are truly delighted for you - wonderful news indeed and I shall think of you with writer's cramp as you sit in a bookshop, signing copies. Once this starts, it is like a whirlwind so from now on you will be flying in more ways than one and if you have sold the first British film rights, well there is no stopping it.  Best wishes, Woll52
  • Film rights? I should be so lucky! None of my fiction has sold yet and it be quite hard to make a film of the non-fiction, but hope there might be a book-signing session or two ahead of me yet!
  • Moira - it is brill to read all your posts on this thread.  You are so very happy.  And deservedly so.  Congratulations.
  • Brilliant news Moira.  Congratulations.
  • Congratulations on your book!
  • Many congratulations - Hooray!
  • Just read about your good fortune today, so a belated good luck :)

Gary and Carol :O)