Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

No.1 on Amazon

edited April 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• When I looked a little while ago, The Dandelion Clock was at No.1 on Amazon UK's gay romance listing.
  • congratulations - how are you going to celebrate this?
  • Good luck and more copies sold to come!
  • Congrats.
  • Jay, do you think it might be worth contacting some of the magazines that cater for the gay market, and see if they might be interested in reviewing it, or doing a feature on you and/or your book?
    Even if you only get one magazine to say yes, it will bring your work to the notice of more potential buyers.
    Glad it's doing so well.
  • Tilly – I may raise a glass of something to celebrate!
    Writeman – No secret, I just try to get it mentioned on useful websites and in magazines such as Writers’ News. That’s how ‘The Dandelion Clock’ and ‘Precipice’ came to be reviewed in the Sunday Express.
    Carol – Gay Times have reviewed ‘A Different Kind of Love’. I’m not sure whether they’d want to review something that was published a few years ago. We’ve tried to get the UK gay press to review other books, but to no avail. We’ll have another go with the one that’s just gone to PDF (i.e. we’ve got, hopefully, a final version). Even good reviews don’t always generate much in the way of sales, whereas doing well on Amazon seems to lead to even more books being sold.
    Thanks, everyone.
  • Congratualtions Jay.  May you bask in the well deserved glory for a long time.
  • Actually, I've gone down to No.2 today.
  • I'm sure that is only temporary. Hope you keep plugging away at the self promotion, I'm sure you will and successfully.