Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Healthcare Telenovela Screenplay Pitch

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Keep your fingers crossed for me, I sent out a pitch to do a healthcare Telenovela script to make an hour long show to be shown in clinics and Emergency room waiting rooms at the County hospital here in NM.  We have a large Spanish speaking population here, the really could benefit from Health education. I'm pretty excited about it, because it's right up my alley.
  • Goodluck, when do you find out?
  • It must be very satisfying to know you can use your writing skills to benefit people, not just entertain them. Well done.
  • Fingers crossed for you Annie.  Good luck!
  • I hope to hear in the next few days.  Part of me is very excited about the possibility, but part of me is a little leary. They want the screenplay done by mid-April, and I feel that's a little unrealistic.  60 pages!  I'm hoping we can discuss this a little more.  Thanks for the support from everyone.  I am excited to take my healthcare knowledge and create something to educate people with it.
  • I've found that agreeing some deadlines can be a bit like selling a house.  The publisher's opening gambit is a little short of reasonable, because they anticipate you negotiating up!  Hope the same applies in this case.  Good luck.
  • Well done and all the best, Annie.
  • Best of luck, Annie. Let us know how you get on.
  • Wow!  Good luck Annie.  I've never tried a screen play but would love to give it a go.  Keep us informed.
  • Thanks for all the encouragement, but I didn't get chosen.  So, for now I'll plug on with my other projects.  Annie (trying to feel good when rejection is such a bummer!)
  • Never mind Annie, you tried, and it was an experience.  Good luck with the other projects.
  • Yes, Annie, sorry about this rejection - but keep on with your dream.
  • Ohhh. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get chosen Annie, back to the writing desk.
  • Thanks for all the support you have given me.  I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it in here because it wasn't a success yet.  My local writers group feels that putting your work out there is kind of a success, because many writers find it difficult to send their stories out for fear of rejection.
  • I agree with your local group, Annie.  And it's not just the successes we share here, although that's fun and motivating. It's the dealing with the rejections and knocks, and keeping on trying regardless - after all, that's when you need the support of your friends the most.  (We're your friends now you know!)