Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My writing's disappeared!

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello!

This is my first ever post on this site:)

I was going to give everyone a link to a website which features a couple of my scribblings but when I typed in the website name nothing came up(!)

It was www.writerslink.co.uk but it seems to have disappeared!

Help, this was my only published work of any kind. I think I might cry(!)
  • Did you get a page expired or other sort of message? Sometimes you can't access a site when they are doing updates, so try it again tomorrow. Any one else got a suggestion? Welcome to the group.
  • Hi there. Welcome  I'm new myself and I've been looking in on everyone.  I've posted a few comments and everyone is very kind so I'm sure you will get some help.  sorry it can't be me.  I'm a real techno dunce.
  • Were there any funny little symbols that had to go into the address as well? Things like a dash, or ~ ? I hope you find your writing.
  • Hi Scotswriter and welcome, I look forward to chatting with you.  In relation to the website, keep checking, it might be a problem with the host server.  Don't panic just yet.
  • Hi Scotswriter and welcome. Are you sure the writing site you refer to isn't 'Writelink', a site which I use also from time to time.

http://www.writelink.co.uk/

Just a thought!
    Neil F.
  • Hi Scotswriter - this is just a welcome as I, too, am useless when it comes to the techno-stuff! Hope you have now recovered your work.
  • Hi Scotswriter, and welcome.  I do hope you've found your work.  Let us know won't you?
  • Hello everyone!

This is what I get when I type in www.writerslink.co.uk

We couldn't find any results containing www.writerslink.co.uk. Consider: writer slink

I do have hard copies of my writing somewhere (I think... and hope) so will hopefully be able to submit them elsewhere.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone:)
  • You could try putting some key words into Google. I tried writers link melrose but got nothing relevant in the first ten pages. The name you published under and some fairly unusual words from your writing might do better.
  • Hi Dee.

Thanks for the tip. I put in my name and an "unusual word" and something did come up but when I came to click on it, my ISP host said that it was an invalid web address.

Incidentally, I live in a place called Melrose, in the Scottish Borders:)

Thanks
  • ALWAYS keep back up copies of articles and books etc that you are working on. Years of work could be lost otherwise.
  • Pity. It looks as if it's gone from the internet then. You're now down to setting up your own site or joining a writers' group with a site.

We go past Melrose when on our way to the Highland Estate (a tiny cottage near Lochinver) via our son in Middlesbrough. It's in a lovely area, isn't it?
  • Oh God, Lochinver. That takes me back. Years ago we stayed at a wonderful B&B there. Don't remember where exactly. But just an ordinary family home - a bungalow I think. Having booked in we went to large hotel for dinner - a rip- roaring highland affair. Full to bursting point we staggered back to the B&B only to find an immense (and I mean immense) supper laid out for us. How we managed it I don't know, but it would've been too ungracious not to have tried.

The story, if nothing else, demonstrates that in north western Scotland B&B can sometimes mean more than it seems!

A beautiful area, incidentally.
  • Not a lot has changed, except that they tell you when you will be in for supper tonight, won't you?
    The last two unpublished blockbusters have each acquired a sort of pastoral chapter set in the North West.
    Aaaaahhhh!