Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Jen1980 writing update

edited January 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all your suggestions.  I recently bought a book from amazon called :Writers idea Workshop: How to make your good ideas great"
    Its for people like me who have ideas but then don't know where to take them.  It's by Jack Heffron if anyone's interested (Has anyone already got it?)  I did an exercise based on one of his ideas i.e I made it my own.  The aim of the exercise was to try out different types of pieces.  I wrote a piece about how my mum coped after my Dad died 2 years ago.  If anyone is interested in reading it, I would love to hear your thoughts.  I let my boyfriend read it and he liked it.  I now like the response of someone who doesn't know my mum to see how it comes across in print.  Looking forward to your comments, Jen xxx
  • Hi it's jen,
    having read this piece it is a little too personal to post so I will leave it for now. I will be posting other stuff tho so keep your eyes peeled, Just wanted to let you know that I did enjoy writing it.
  • but then other people have posted accounts so I might.  Let me know you think
  • What I picked up, Jen is not the book, but the excellent idea of your own-how your Mum coped with your dad's death.  Think not only of all the mags that you could write for on this very tender subject:
    Take a Break
    Bella Chat That's Life etc.
    But your own emotions of it.  Most new writers underestimate their own talents.