Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Story placed away, new one on the run

edited January 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi everyone!  Happy New Year!
    The crime novel I was working on has not come to a dead end but I have become bored by it.  So I have placed it aside.
    I would like to discover a subject I will remain writing pleasantly.  So I have written a plot for a romance/friendship story that could turn out to be a short story, novella or novel.  I am just determined to complete it!!
    I've always been good at writing short stories but have not succeeded in writing longer stories.  I am hoping that I will prove to myself that I can!
    Best Luck For All Your Work This Year!!!
    Alana
  • Good luck Alana! Let us know how you go.
  • Hi Alana,
    I too have put away the old work-in-progress. I was really frustrated, can't work on my non-fic as a publisher may be interested in it now, and just wasn't in the right 'zone' to work on anything - and I had about fifty or so short-stories or part-works on file to get on with. It was really bothering me then, half-asleep one early morning, my good-idea fairy came and knocked a stunning new idea in my head and now i've started writing it and can't seem to get it out quick enough - loving it very much.
    Cheers to inspiration!
  • Alana,
    I am a fellow 'crime thriller writer.' So please, come along, and get that 'work-in-progress' put to bed, and on the desks of those hungry publishers! Please think of your public!!!
    All the best.
    Slopes
  • Baaaaad move changing genres mid stream.  Why are you bored?  Go back to your crime novel-bring in another character, change the pace- write on the lines of three months later... Hope this helps but don't give up.  We all get to this point...