Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

The case of the missing icons

edited January 2008 in - WM and WN
Jay, I don't think your reasoning about your missing icon (I know what you're thinking) could be right as Mutley's has up and disappeared on us as well. There may be more innocent - or sinister? - forces at work here.

Comments

• edited January 2008
    Just off to check on someone else's.

Back now! No, the one I really thought might cause problems is still there.

Can anyone work out why some, but not all, avatars have disappeared?
  • Nooooooooooo - I've just spent the last two hours trawling through photobucket to find myself an icon which I've now copied and pasted. Is it going to work though????
  • Ah ha - I forgot to hit save - But my pic is way too big isn't it? You can't even see what it's supposed to be!
  • Noooooooo - I just spent ages figuring out how to make it smaller in photoshop then copying the smaller version back into photobucket - and now my pic has disappeared...
  • Claudia - is there a hypen or underscore in the link? That seems to make a difference.
  • Jay - just put note on other post Jay - don't worry site down for scheduled maintenance - should be back in hour or two. Proves theory I had - icon not held in TB even when link copied across.
  • edited January 2008
    Ta da! Found out what I had done wrong and my little clownfish is showing now. And you can now see the view from my house if you look on my member page.
  • What a lovely view, Claudia!
  • Wow. How can you peel your eyes away to do any writing?
  • Oh Claudia - I hate you!!

Just teasing - how wonderful to have such a great view. All I can see out of my window is our car and next door's dustbins!! I've got my fave movie stars on my account page.
  • edited January 2008
    Ha ha - sorry Josette!
    I've just been looking at everyone's account pages - some great stuff - (love the hip wiggle IG!)
    You know, I think I'm going to end up changing my pic every once in a while just for the fun of it.
  • edited January 2008
    That's what I do all the time, Claudia. Last week I had a pic of a great chunk of chocolate on my profile page. The week prior to that I had my photo plastered on there. What? You missed it? Hahaha