Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in March 08's magazines, due out 31st Jan?

2»

Comments

• (Don't read this if you haven't read the competition winning stories yet!)

Jenny, I wondered whether the accountancy sign was a ploy to explain all her gentleman visitors. The story was a bit 'Chocolat' I thought, but not bad. I preferred it to the one in WM about Boy meets Girl.
  • Jenny, I noticed all the cake baking too - does she serve all her accountants home-made cakes? Or are they sponging on her?
  • edited January 2008
    :P
  • My copies of WN and WM have just arrived.
    I'm looking forward to reading them.
  • Congratulations to all TBers who got mentioned this time. Keep it going, we need to take over WN and WM if we can!
  • Heather and Jany - I thought originally that the story was set quite a long time ago. Would anyone let a small child go into a new neighbour's house these days?

Mind you, I liked the sound of all those cakes - whoever they were meant for!
  • edited January 2008
    Jay - Have you thought of writing a book (fiction or otherwise) based on your domestic/kitchen mishaps?!! :-)
  • Carol, I only noticed the double-printed letter because I'd sent in a very similar letter.
  • Jenny - it's on the back burner!
  • Hope it doesn't get singed Jay :-P
  • :)

I did it! I did a smilie!
  • Quick everyone. A round of applause for Jay. :-P
  • My mags arrived yesterday, but I've only had a quick look through. I liked Stephanie Baudet's aricle "Make a great start" (how to hook your child reader in the first paragraph). Jane Wenham-Jones article "0% Interest" was interesting! (For those of us who have such problems with some family members!)
  • Do you think someone has been reading Talkback for some ideas????
  • edited January 2008
    Mines arrived but I've not read it yet. I'll be sitting down with mine over the weekend. I'm really looking forward to my self induldgence.
    Welldone to everyone who made it in this month.
  • i wish i could subscribe to the mag but i don't have the money...i only get about £7 an hour 2 days a week and i only walk the dog for an hour each time...sigh...oh well...maybe i will find a job before september...
  • Jemma: I'm not sure I ought to be saying this on the publisher's website, but there are quite a few TBers who would love to pass on their magazines, once read, rather than have them cluttering up their houses (or having to put them in the recycling bin). I'm a firm believer that nobody with promise as a writer should be allowed to have their art disadvantaged by not being able to afford the resources they need.

I'd be happy to share my WM/WN with you if you need them (as long as you don't mind (a) the fact you'll get them about 3 months late because I'm so far behind everyone else with reading them, and (b) there might be a few bits cut out which I've needed to hang on to for personal use!). There may be others who would like to volunteer the same service, now that you've mentioned it - but if not, send me a private email (my website address is on my profile, and you can email me from there) and we can make arrangements.
  • aww thanks amboline...i can still buy the mag from wh smith as i have been since i found it in july last year...so i will continue doing that...thanks for the offer... :)
  • I didn't get my March magazine :( :rolleyes:

Why isn't there anywhere on the Writers News site where you can e-mail them? I'm assuming that it got 'lost in the post' but I just wanted to make sure I hadn't disappeared from their system.
  • e-mail [email protected] or telephone: 01778 392 482
    Let them know your issue hasn't arrived.
    My subscription is due for renewal this month, so need to check my bank statement to make sure it has gone through.
  • You could try ringing the subscriptions number I've just found in my WN. It's 01778 392 482. Good luck!
  • We must have sprung to the rescue simultaneously, but Carol was quicker on the button!
  • :)
    Love the cat face Montholon.
  • edited February 2008
    Thank you both.

Great pic, Montholon :)
  • yes, M, great icon!
  • I enjoyed the Giles Brandreth interview. It was the best of those they've had recently.
  • I'm glad you like the black cat. It's the nearest I could find to my own pets, two very ex-feral cats I got from the RSPCA a few years ago. They supervise most of my writing, with one sprawling on top of the monitor and the other on my desk.
  • Literary cats.
  • Re my comment on 30 Jan - yes, the star letter was from Stirling, who is back with us after a long break and has confessed to being the author! Montholon, have you seen my post about the cat story competition? Catlovers - get writing!
  • No sign of my magazines.
    Would they send out a reminder if the subscription was due?
  • edited February 2008
    No sign of mine either, John - and I've only just begun a new subscription :( although I have been told that 14th Feb is the deadline for deliveries.
  • CJ and IK, I received mine ages ago, and I live in Denmark! I would contact WM if I were you.
  • I think I've got a bit carried away with the 'thanks' button, probably because I've only just found it. Viv, I did see your post about the cat story and I've entered. Thanks (again) for the information.
  • Just discovered that I've made it into the WM letters page again. Wahey!
  • Great news.
  • Wonderful.
  • congratulations!