Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Message from Administrator regarding current issues on Talkback

It has come to my notice, via forum reports and comments, that some user are coming onto the talkback system to make life unpleasent for other users.

With this in mind I have now added some extra features.

1. You must now add a valid email address at sign up as this address is authenticated.
2. All new members will have their comments/discussions moderated, for a short time.

There are more additions that have been activated and the data is being retrospectively monitored.

Action has already started against some users, and others are being actively monitored.

I hope you all understand the reasons behind this, and hope that it will only be a short term problem for all the good folks at Talkback

Regards
Jon

Comments

• Very many thanks.
  • Thank you so much.
  • Thank you for the speedy action Jon.
  • Good idea. It would be a shame to let a few malicious folk spoil things for everyone else.
  • Good stuff - thanks.
  • Thanks John. Perhaps now we can all get back to the real reasons we joined this site.
  • Much appreciated Jon *hands over cookie*
  • Thank you. I had been worried about the disruptive new members. I've had it on other forums and it can cause a lot of problems. Would hate that to happen.
  • I'm not entirely sure what shenanigans have been occuring but I'm glad peace is restored and all is well on the messageboard. Thanks Jon.
  • I think I must have missed most of the problems but I am really glad that it is being sorted out. Thanks Jon.
  • I signed up to TB last year but then had massive internet access problems which meant that I've only managed to come back here within the last few days. (Slight worry that a 'new' name will be bundled in with the trouble-makers... I'm a good girl, I am!)

But what a fantastic system this appears to be - "Action has already started against some users, and others are being actively monitored."

Wow...excellent work, that man!! :-D
  • edited April 2008
    As one of the targets of these horrible people, I thank you, guys. What was said about my dad was pure evil and I'm not likely to forget it. Really glad you're keeping an eye on things.
  • What a fast reaction from Jon! Well done, that lad!
  • Glad to see that awful post has been removed, too - indeed, quick work, appreciated, things can get back to relative peace now. (For peace, read insanity. That's fine, too.)
  • As a newcomer in the last week, I've only been on here 'off and on', and mainly stuck to the writing exercises and reading through some interesting past threads. I'm really glad you've managed to oust your troll though, and looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better. Here's to an insanely peaceful life! :-)
  • I'm glad you mentioned insanely peaceful, anenglishmum. Because without a little insanity, how would we know what peaceful is? I have found plenty of insanity here to keep me going!

Thank you Jon for your efficient sweep. Because I haven't felt well recently, it was definitely making me feel all pathetic and tearful, and no-one was even horrid to me...
  • Thanks Jon for your speedy action. :P
  • A great idea, Jon. Thank you.
  • Nice icon Butterfly..........what is it? :)
  • A Butterfly - well part of it. I'd like to find a fluttering one, but don't know where to find it.
  • oh right- sorry ! am over tired and being a bit thick
  • That's okay, it isn't very clear.
  • Ding ding, move down the bus please :)
  • Now even I'm confused.
  • I'm always confused :rolleyes:
  • Jon. You are an absolute star. I must be honest, I missed all the c**p that went on and in many respects, I'm glad I did. Thank you for helping TP. I love this forum, you may have noticed how much support I have been given over the last few months and I am so thankful for that support. This is a great forum and your hard work will ensure that it stays that way. Thank you from my heart.
  • Nice to hear you are a Good Girl, "Liza Liqourice
  • Pongo, darling, I think you have been on the wine without us...
  • Who ? Me?
    Just commenting on Liqourice's comment (above) that "I'm a good girl, I am"
    Surely from My Fair Lady

Actually, i'm not into wine. After all, its only squashed grapes isnt it.
  • Yes Pongo, it is from My Fair Lady! Well done! :-)