Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Why not publish an index of Writing Magazine on the website?

edited August 2008 in - WM and WN
As a long-term subscriber I think it would be invaluable to have a searchable index of Writing Magazine on the website - updated monthly. I have often searched back numbers for that illusive article. To be able to list all a contributor's articles, or trace a subject, and be given the month and page references would be such a boon. So how about it?

Comments

• We have one - it's called Jay....

Of course, if Jay is away for some reason, yes, this would be an excellent idea :)
  • Another good idea ewordsmith - contact Webbo!
  • I don't keep my copies...
  • Nor do I. But for those who do, it would be a good idea!
  • I actually thought that this website WAS an online version of the magazine -which seems like a good idea to me, since you could then just type in a search. And then I wouldn't have to groan my shelves with yet more copies i can never find anything in... You'd have to be subscriber of course... but if you were just a visitor, perhaps you could pay a fee and get a certain number of articles about what you wanted. That way it might even pay...
  • I throw the magazines out after one year now, McB.
  • Which magazine does a six month index on the back page of the magazine and a full index at the end of the year- quite useful.
  • Think it's The Enemy!
  • The competition. :-)
  • Jay - I was just going to look for "The Enemy" magazine on Google when I realised what you meant! (I must be having a dopey day!!)
  • I still don't understand, I really must be having a dopey day. Someone put me out of my misery- you can whisper. :)
  • I think even I can explain this one carol !!

You said "Which magazine does a six month index......."
    Now this sounds like a question, so Jay said "Think it's The Enemy" (I think thats a good explanation from me !!! :) )
  • ?
    I must really be having a bad day here...
  • This is getting confusing!
  • Ah thanks Lexia.
  • I think I should go to bed for a week, then wake up and find today has been a bad dream. :)
  • hehe :)
  • Carol - I think even one day relaxing in bed would be good for you - being waited on by your obliging family!
  • that would be the day!