Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Where are the TalkBack rules now?

edited November 2008 in - Website Problems
There used to be a sticky at the top that listed the TalkBack rules and aims. Where is now? Is Jon updating it?

Comments

• May have disapeared in all the fiddling around.
  • Hello Carol - do I hear violins playing?
  • Quite possibly Stan. ;)
  • So now users have no rules to abide by? That's not good at all.
  • It's brilliant! If there are no rules then we can't break them!
  • Then also trolls can run amok...
  • Yes,that could be a problem.
  • edited December 2008
    They should be accessible somewhere at the bottom of the main page.
    No not there, so it looks like you have to go back to the old Talkback page for them.
  • I wonder where they are? Surely, even if Jon is updating them, the old ones should have been left until the update?

Anyway, they'll return I am sure.
  • The rules are on a new tab at the top :)
  • Thanks Jon. :)
  • Did Jon's sudden appearance make anyone else jump? :)
  • I have to confess that I've never read the rules and I've been playing nicely here for nearly two years . I assume they're just common sense - do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And even if trolls did read the rules, by definition they're the type of people who will simply ignore them.
  • OK, just read the rules. The only thing that I didn't expect, not that it's a big thing, was that we have to place internet links in the first line of the message. I don't do that. But I assume that if it was a real problem the powers that be would have politely pointed it out to me. I haven't contributed to any of the 'let's make Talkback better' threads, not because I don't respect the sentiments of people who want to operate a healthy forum, but just that I believe that the vast majority of the rules that are already there and the rules that are being formulated should be common sense. If you don't want to get upset by a contentious thread, don't read it. If you've made a mistake, apologise. For people who don't already do that, no amount of rule making will change their attitude - it's something that needs to come from within them.
  • Thanks Jon.
  • Fiona -Thanks for mentioning the rule about internet links - I hadn't noticed that one!
  • Brilliant Jon. They're in a much better place now. :)
  • Absolutely. Glad Jon pointed it out though, or I would have missed them