Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in January 09's magazines due out 4th December?

edited December 2008 in - WM and WN
Who's in January 2009’s magazines? The magazines are due out on 4th December, so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

It looks like Jonathan Telfer is now the editor of both Writers’ News and Writing Magazine.

Comments

• interesting, Jay, thanks for that information. I like Jonathan's style.
    I am supposed to be a letter in there, wait and see, I guess.
  • WF arrived today. Anyone in it?
  • Magazines due out today.
  • I just got October's WM on the way home from work and saw a letter from Jay, congrats Jay!
  • Ooh well done Jay.
  • No WN/WF yet.
  • My post doesn't arrive until much later- not the usual postman at the moment.
  • edited December 2008
    mine's here and yes, my letter is in. Page 67. Pleased with it, she included Walpole's quote in full and it still stands. I am still finding errors ... in every aspect of history I look at. What is it with historians? No wonder I have been given the task of rewriting history, literally!

Not had a chance to look through,if any other TBers are in there, congratulations, if not, try harder!
  • Mine has just arrived, and I've read your letter- well done Dorothy.
  • Yes, well done Dorothy - though I've not yet read your letter!
  • Hello Carol - are you feeling better now?
  • Yes thanks Stan, just a cold now, so it's a valid reason for staying in the warm to read WN/WM. :)
  • My throat is dry - I think I have a cold trying to get hold of me.
  • Congrats Dorothy!
    I look forward to receiving my copy.
  • (That sounds just like the way mine started.)

Has anyone else got a mention in this month's issues?
  • I spotted a couple of runners up names, but I'll leave them to find out themselves!
  • Congratulations Dorothy. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I'll have to leave it reading it til later.
  • I've got items on pages MN4 and 34 of Writers' News.

By the way, I've sold 2,500 books in total - not of A Different Kind of Love. And it looks like Hilary Bowman is still editor of Writing Magazine.

Well done, Dorothy - I've read your letter.
  • congrats on sales, Jay!!!! Hope my books do as well when they get out there.
  • Well done Jay
  • Read both Jay and Dorothy's letters. Very good. Well done both.
  • Well done Jay, and I recognised a few Talkbackers too.
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]By the way, I've sold 2,500 books in total - not of A Different Kind of Love.[/quote]

Jay, those are sales that any writer would be proud of. Well done.
  • We're proud of you, Jay!!
  • Yes, well done Jay! Got a shortlisting on the Writers' News short story competition. About time too - I was beginning to think I was losing my touch :-(
  • That's me on page 32 of WN, an article all about using sounds to enhance your fiction. Also got a mention in the shortlist for the short poem competition on page 61 of WM - trouble is I sent 2 entries so I have no idea which one they chose! Not got my Writers Forum for January yet but I understand that my new Book Deal or Bust column is in there and looking good, with a mention on the front cover. I also have an article in this week's Nursery World all about introducing poetry to pre-school children. A good week/month!! Congrats to Jay and Dorothy. Anyone else??
  • Congratulations Viv, really enjoyed the article- and it is a good excercise which I've done regularly.
    Well done richt, thought it was you in the shortlist.
  • Well done VIv and RichT
  • Viv, great item!
  • Christmas seems to have come early for lots of TB members. Well done to all of you who have been featured. An inspriation to keep trying.
  • edited December 2008
    Pats on the back for Jay, Dorothy, Viv and RichT! (Hope I haven't missed anyone out.)
  • Well done Jay, Dorothy, Viv and RichT!
  • Well done to everyone. It's nice to have famous friends!
  • congrats to JAy (twice), Viv, richt and Dorothy
  • My copies have arrived now, well done everyone - it's wonderful to see you all in print together.
    Maybe I'll send my book(s) info in soon...I keep forgetting!
    Again, super news Dorothy, Viv, Richt and Jay(x2)
  • Had a quick loo at the mags- still busy nursing my daughter. Well done to Dorothy, Viv, Richt and Jay.
  • Well done everyone. I really enjoyed browsing this month's editions.
  • Well done everyone, good article Viv, wil browse the rest later.
  • Kateyanne, how are things with your daughter? any improvement?
  • I saw Dorothy's letter and the piece about Jay's book. Well done!
  • Thanks for asking Dorothy I have whispered you a reply hope the whispers are working.
  • Well done to Viv, Jay, Dorothy and Richt. I didn't renew my subscription in time, so I've missed December's issue and will have to go and find a WHS and buy a copy.
  • Josette, you're a bit late to get hold of a December issue. This is the January 2009 issue we're talking about, and it's been out for a week or so already! Where did 2008 go?? Did I miss Christmas?
  • Well done all! I received my mags on Monday and am just reading through now.
  • Er, Viv ... yes ... well .. I think I meant January, did I mean January? What year is it again? :-D
  • Disappointed because I'm not!!! Ho, ho, ho!!!
  • [quote=kateyanne]Had a quick loo at the mags[/quote]

Are you trying to tell us something about your favourite place for enjoying WM and WN? :)
  • There's a thread on that very topic. Something about "ablutions"!