Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in February 10's magazines due out 7th January?

edited January 2010 in - WM and WN
Who's in February 2010’s magazines? The magazines are due out on 7th January so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• That time again...
  • My magazines have just arrived - very early for once!
    So that's the post-Xmas washing, cleaning etc that won't get done today. Off to put the kettle on...
  • Yes mine was in today's post too.
    One TB in WN.
    There's no letters page in WN this month- wonder if it just a shortage, or they will only do them in WM.
  • Mine arrived and I did the usual. Flicked through it, thought 'that looks interesting, I'll read it later'. I know I won't.
  • Why not BB?
  • Because I'll forget, something else will need doing and I'll only be reminded when I see Jay's post next month.
  • My goodness, is this a new year's record or what? Mine has arrived! Crikey.
  • Mine also arrived this morning! Haven't had the time to open them yet. Will this evening.
  • Mine have arrived!
  • There's an article on the Members' News page of WN relating to my new poetry book, Chasing Dreams, complete with photo.
  • Yes, I saw it and knew it was you. Congratulations.
  • And mine! Going to look for KJ's - found it. I do like seeing things in magazines about people from here, it makes me feel I know 'famous' people. Sad, innit?
    Well done, KJ
  • Well done KJ! Will look for that article this evening.
  • Mines arrived - well done KJ
  • Well done KJ. I've not seen mine yet.
  • Mine arrived too. Think I might turn off the computer and have a read of mine tonight.
  • Ooh! congratulations KJ! Great publicity!
  • Congratulations, Karen! Best of luck with sales.
  • Good article Karen, and the one next to it from another TBer.
  • Well done, Karen. I enjoyed the article.
  • edited January 2010
    [quote=ceka] I do like seeing things in magazines about people from here, it makes me feel I know 'famous' people. [/quote]

I must be really sad then, ceka, cos after meeting you I thought,' wow, she's a real writer, I've read her stuff and we had cake and tea together'

Congratulations KJ
  • Well done KJ - I haven't read mine yet, I will make sure I read your bit.
  • Thanks to KJ for letting me know I'm in too - I'm right next to her.
  • Well done Mutley.
  • I should also add a word of thanks to Jay for suggesting I sent it in too - thanks Jay.
  • Congratulations Mutley!
  • Glad it went so well, Mutley, and that they printed your piece.
  • congratulations Mutley!
  • Unfortunately I am still unable to answer this question. I finished with WM last year and subscribed to WN in December. The money left my account before Christmas but despite three emails from me and one phone call from them I still haven't received the January 7 copy. That, coupled with my second rejection of the year is making me feel, well...rejected!
  • I think the subscription starts in the second month- at least it did when I did a gift subscription for someone. Paid in May and they got their first one in July if I remember correctly.
  • I'm starting to think that's right Carol. However, after I emailed them the first time they phoned me and the lady said I should have received the January 7th copy.
  • Well you should chase them up for clarification then, otherwise it mucks up the dates for subscription renewal.
    Good luck.
  • They have used my comments again on page 69 of WM to advertise their home study courses, with a small photo of me and my name. I was surprised! Didn't think they would use my comments after all this time. Congratulations KJ and Mutley! I will take a look tonight.
  • That's great Helen - congrats!
  • Congratulations on that Helen.
  • Well done Helen.
    It's funny seeing a photo of yourself in a mag or on a website when you weren't expecting it.
  • When is the next mag out, is it Thurs 4th Feb?
  • Sorted. I finally got my WN this morning. It's the first time I've ever read it and I'm thoroughly impressed. I particularly liked Mutley's article so well done her.
  • Glad it arrived okay- in the end. :)