Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

A greeting from your third Talkback Moderator

edited February 2010 in - WM and WN
Hello everyone. I’m the third Talkback Moderator; call me Tam.

Webbo has already covered the essentials on his thread. I’ll be helping to keep the forum running smoothly and stop threads from being highjacked.

I’d like to reassure you that I have no intention of intervening on threads that develop naturally away from their original subject. We are simply responding to the many pleas to ask folk not to suddenly start chatting on an irrelevant subject on a given thread.

If we miss something – after all, we can’t check every single thread 24/7 - or if anything is bothering you but you don’t wish to use the Report post function, please feel free to send me a Whisper. I’m a writer just like you – not some “techie” - so be assured I am on your side!

I’ve been reading your posts on Webbo’s thread with great interest. My hope is that any interventions by me will be so rare you’ll all forget my name. :)

Best wishes
Tam

Comments

• Thanks Tam. (I already forgot the name of the 3rd moderator ! ) :)
  • Welcome, Tam. Good to hear that you're a writer - should help you understand our madness :)
  • Hello Tam and welcome. So is it Webbo, Jon and you?
  • Hello Tam. Someone else who understands how our brains work- that's a relief...:)
  • Hello Tam.

Excuse me, but is there a second Mod somewhere?
  • [quote=dora]Excuse me, but is there a second Mod somewhere? [/quote] I was thinking the same thing. [quote=Liz!]Hello Tam and welcome. So is it Webbo, Jon and you? [/quote] Is Jon this guy's user name. Someone help. I'm in a muddle. ;-(
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe your names are really Moddly Muddly Madly? :)

(instead of Milly Molly Mandy in case you wondered)
  • Well... I always thought that Jon and Webbo were different people.

But then Webbo might be Jon. In which case we are dealing with a serious case of a missing moderator.

OR a second moderator who can't count.
  • [quote=Liz!]OR a second moderator who can't co[/quote]

Must be a brilliant writer then. I've heard writers is rubbish at maffs.
  • Oh, I can't add up at all. When I worked in the film industry one of my jobs was billing... once I overcharged by a factor of 10. So I too may be an authorly genius. In fact let's just say I am.

Sorry Tam. Off subject.
  • Umm. Is Tam short for anything?

Welcome, by the way.
  • no one answer my question. I'm still in a muddle. ;-(
  • Hello again and sorry about your muddle, st force.
    Webbo did mention that there would be three of us on his Moderating thread, so yes, Liz!, that means Webbo, Jon and myself.
    Baggy Books - Tam is short for Talkback Moderator.

p.s. you're quite right, Dora - I'm rubbish at maths
  • Hello and welcome Tam - you can go insane with the rest of us. Seriously though, good to have you aboard.
  • Welcome Tam :-)

pp x
  • edited February 2010
    Welcome Tam. I thought Webbo was Jon!
  • Maybe Webbo is already amongst us?
  • Hello third moderator ;)
  • He is? Where? I can't see him.
  • Is this a strange encounter of a third kind?
  • Doo de di doo dumm .... = *Jeds very bad impression of the close encounters ships :P*

Lo Tam, must say... I was (probably still am) just as confused as everybody else for a moment there.
  • Hello and Welcome Tam :)
  • We're all confused here aint we? ;)

Tam...acronym for something?

Be gentle with us.
  • edited February 2010
    How confusing is it? T A lkback M oderator. Note the captials...;)

[quote=Red]Be gentle with us. [/quote]

Why, you scared??

Hellooooo by the way...
  • Ooo all right Pixie smarty pants LOL :)

I like to be handled gently.
  • Tam actually said in one of his comments red... keep up do! Honestly.
  • I've the attention span of a gnat tonight... ;)
  • This post has been deleted by the moderator for being too clever and sexy.
  • [quote=SilentTony]This post has been deleted by the moderator for being too clever and sexy. [/quote]

Many a true word... ,ST, :):) Hi, Tam.
  • Welcome TAm

[quote=Liz!]Well... I always thought that Jon and Webbo were different people. But then Webbo might be Jon[/quote]

I believe Webbo's name is Jon and so is THE ED's (Jonathan Telfer)

[quote=TalkbackModerator]so yes, Liz!, that means Webbo, Jon and myself[/quote]

So presumably that's Webbo (jon) Tam and JOn Telfer (the ED). Is that right?
  • Hello Tam, good to meet you.
  • Oh, I get it now. Hello Webbo! :-)
  • [quote=Lolli]So presumably that's Webbo (jon) Tam and JOn Telfer (the ED). Is that right?[/quote]
    Not quite... I'm mostly Jonathan (ed) but other people might also use this account when necessary. Jon, from our internet department, is what I'm going to call the silent moderator (!) and Tam is #3.
  • This post has also been deleted by the first Moderator, reinstated by the second Moderator then deleted again by the third Moderator. The first Moderator is now holding down the second Moderator while the third Moderator punches him in the face. The second Moderator has made some disparaging remarks about the third Moderator's mother and the first Moderator is threatening to call the police.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
  • Don't you just lurve threesomes.
  • [quote=Webbo]I'm mostly Jonathan (ed) but other people might also use this account when necessary. Jon, from our internet department, is what I'm going to call the silent moderator (!) and Tam is #3. [/quote] I get it know. Okay thank you.

How many moderators does it take to change a light bulb?
  • I expect it depends which one sees it first. And why it need changing. If it's for 'sensitive' reasons (too bright? Too dim? Too flashy?) they may need to confer.
  • How can no.2 moderate silently? Does he just whip in and delete posts?
  • I think that W just means he hasn't introduced himself since 'the change'.
  • Jon's not going to be very active, but being our techie, he has the most power!
  • Ooooer!
  • In other words he does the complicated stuff...;)
  • [quote=Liz!] he hasn't introduced himself since 'the change'[/quote]

I presume he's in midlife then, but I didn't realise men went through the change as well! Or was it a sex change? :P
  • Might not actually be three people. Just Jake the Peg projecting himself?
  • [quote=Liz!]I think that W just means he hasn't introduced himself since 'the change'.[/quote]

Well, we have just had a full moon.
  • Hi Tam,
    Hope we don't see much of you - in a nice way!
    ;)