Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in May 10's magazines due out 1st April?

edited March 2010 in - WM and WN
Who's in May 2010’s magazines? The magazines are due out on 1st April so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    ^ just in case they're out early.
  • May be in the post from today...
  • edited March 2010
    Just arrived back in the office – looks good, but already spotted two typos. Always the way.
  • But who hasn't sent something out and discovered a typo they missed despite numerous checks- the bane of a writer's life. :)
  • you need decent proof readers, Webbo. Been saying that for a long time. A writers' magazine shouldn't have typos.
  • [quote=dorothyd]A writers' magazine shouldn't have typos.[/quote]
    I agree, Dorothy, but one or two always seem to creep in... although both of these are actually design related, like where the correct font chopped off text that a substitute font didn't.
  • I know what you mean Webbo.
    We're doing some one day workshops and the person who does our posters sent me a copy to send out to other writers groups in the area. I have Open Office, she has word. On OO the poster goes onto two pages and some of the text moves and goes both sides of the little person at the computer picture.
  • I guess on a mag like WM/WN which is so word orientated, the typos really stand out - but I have to say they drive me crazy!
  • Hope I get my copy this month, my subscription is due (I get it as a early birthday present from my mother) she's sent the cheque off but they have sent me a reminder, she says the cheque hasn't been cashed and emailed WN about the problem over a week ago but has had no response as yet - hopefully it will be sorted out soon.
  • Today's the day!
  • edited April 2010
    It's out! Like most of you, I suspect. Are you making the most of the sunshine? (Seriously. We had a nice moon last night. Hmm. One for the writing notebook?)
  • Page 8, Writing Magazine has some familiar names.
  • Nice front page article in WN about the Haiti book, and also spotted a couple of other names on a quick flick through, but I'll wait for them to spot themselves!
  • I'm shortlisted in the Winter Poetry competition, on page 28 of WN!
  • I saw that, kateyanne. Well done!
  • Received an apology on the WM letters page for my wrongly-attributed letter in the April issue, plus a short-listing in the Sherlock Holmes comp (WM) and a (very surprising!) short-listing in the ''once bitten' comp. (WN)
  • Well done Kateyanne! Great to hear you got an apology snailmale, and congratulations squared for you shortlistings!
  • An apology and two shortlistings! That's excellent, snailmale. Well done!
  • congrats to TBers who got in! S.M, that's brilliant news, you can't have too many mentions!
  • OMG where did March go? Can't believe there's another WM/WN in the post today :-(
  • just received my copy, will have a read later - well done everyone mentioned
  • Oh well opened them against my better judgement-no luck in the comps but well done to the winners and short-listed people.

Must try harder :-D
  • I've got mine! It was sitting in the porch next to the book I ordered from Amason. Have not finsihed reading it yet. Only on page 18.
  • Page 21 now. Talkback gets a mention, did anyone else read the paragrath about us?
  • Fame! I wanna live forever.
  • Can anyone post the paragraph about TB ? (Or is that breaking copyright ??? ;) )
  • "Join Talkback." then it mentions that her next article (Sue Moorcroft's) she'll be looking at Forums, and it then says "so it's enough to say for now that 'Talkback' is a great free online community where you can learn from the groans, cheers and news from other writers."
    WM May 2010, p21.
  • well done all in it!
  • Well done Snailmale amd Katey Anne. Getting shortlisting is great (and two is super great!)
  • Well done, Kateyanne and Snailmale!
  • Well done Kateyanne and Snailmale.
  • edited April 2010
    Just read the letters and seen the mentions - you've all done very well! (I'm sounding like young Mr Grace now.)
  • I saw KateyAnne, I saw your name! In the shortlisters! well done - again - and also to Patricia Lesley, whose name appears there also
    And well done Snailmail too!
  • Well done kateyAnne!
  • Congrats on your two short listings snailmale. Well done!
  • Thank you Ceka. Is your Hoss named after the TV actor, of several moons since? Wagontrain or somethin' like that? From Patricia
  • It was 'Bonanza', Patricia.
    Hoss was played by Dan Blocker.
  • Still haven't got my copy again. It seems to be late every month now. I could have done with it this weekend too.
  • Well done to KateyAnne, Patricia Lesley and Snailmale. Great stuff!
  • My letter didn't get published :(

But I was really pleased to receive WM and MN early :)
  • Young Mr Grace! That's dates you Jay!!! (And me for knowing!)
  • edited April 2010
    I may have watched the repeats! :)
  • Thanks to Megarose. Have a nice day. I have just finished reading Dylan on Dylan.
  • Congratulations to KateyAnne, Patricia Lesley and Snailmale!
  • I made the short list for the Last Train story in Writing Magazine. Congratulations to all others mentioned.
  • Well done!
  • Congratulations Kateyanne, Snailmail, Patricia Lesley and Bangkok Girl. Gosh, it's beginning to look a lot like nepotism. We're keeping it in the Talkback family, folks! :D

(Jay, you are SO funny)
  • Well done BG.
  • Congratulations BG!