Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Two debut author interviews on blog

edited July 2010 in - Resources
Hi all
For anyone who's interested I have two interviews on my blog with two totally different types of authors.

Last week's interview was with horror writer, David Gatward, author of The Dead.
http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2010/06/interview-with-debut-author-david.html

This week's interview is with Teresa Flavin, author of The Blackhope Enigma, a historical fantasy for middle-grade readers.
http://talltalesandshortstories.blogspot.com/2010/07/interview-with-debut-author-teresa.html

Tracy :)

Comments

• Wow, both of those should be fascinating. These authors are so inspiring. Or is it the questions you tilt at them which brings out what we want to hear, Tracy? I'll have to read them tomorrow.
  • edited July 2010
    Just reading the David Gatward one now, interesting stuff :D
  • Apologies to anyone who's tried to read the interviews and there's a photobucket message plastered across it. I'm hoping I've rectified the problem now but do let me know if you have any problems viewing the blog.
    Do let me know what you think of the new design too.

Thanks
    Tracy
  • Love the illustrations on Teresa's interview - it felt like visiting an art gallery. The blog looks great and the interviews are as entertaining and educative as usual - superb work, Tracy - thanks + + +
  • Wow, Tracy, I've got to tell you. David Gatward has just said he had sent his agent (Philippa Milnes-Smith) something three years before she became his agent and she turned it down.

I want Veronique Baxter to represent my book(s), even though she has already rejected it. Ah, but it's a different animal now; no longer a turkey; it's a phoenix.
  • A phoenix! Excellent. David has proven that we have to keep trying even if it seems like a particular door has closed. Good luck with it Dwight :) Onwards and upwards, perseverance is the key.
  • Dear Tracy, I always love your interviews! The website however is coming over very very black and I can't lighten my screen - that's my gripe over. Keep going
    C
  • The wallpaper has a dark theme, Ceka, but I like it. There's certainly no shortage of books.
  • How do you get to be interviewed by you Tracy ? ;) How many books do I have to have published ?

Seriously - great interviews. Well done.
  • [quote=ceka]Dear Tracy, I always love your interviews! The website however is coming over very very black and I can't lighten my screen - that's my gripe over. Keep going
    C [/quote]
    Hi ceka - are you finding it a problem? I did deliberately make the text whiter for the interviews so it could be read more easily. I know the sidebars have some darker text but I wanted them to fade into the background more as it's the interviews that are of primary importance.

[quote=Dwight]The wallpaper has a dark theme, Ceka, but I like it. There's certainly no shortage of books. [/quote]
    Hi Dwight - glad you like the new look. I love the background image I found and that's what prompted the change.

[quote=lexia]How do you get to be interviewed by you Tracy ? How many books do I have to have published ?

Seriously - great interviews. Well done. [/quote]

Hi Lexia - I try to focus on debut authors so actually many of my interviews are with writers with only one debut book under their belt. My only criteria is the book must be for kids or YA.
    But glad you enjoy the blog. :)
  • Haven't read the interviews yet, but did have a quick look at your new-look blog, Tracy and have to say it looks stunning!
    I'll return tomorrow to read the interviews.
  • Hi Claudia - glad you like the new look. :D
  • Really enjoyed the David Gatwood interview and the blog looks great!