Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Easy competition sites

edited July 2010 in - Writing Tales
Having spent half the day looking at competition sites that people have recommended, and getting nowhere except bozz eyed...I have deiced to maker my own competition.

Have looked at Strictly come writing - cant find any writing just a load of blog stuff that doesnt seem relevant.
Have looked at Spwellink Ink - that doesnt seem to bad - think u just pays ur money and writes ur story.

65 social network - not sure if that's even a writers site and many more...
All too many words for my small brain to take in when am already writing 6 stories in my head.

Anyway - this is the plan.

Send me a story £5
Flash fiction £3
Poem £3

I will read them all faithfully and get some of my "normal" friends and family to read them too (who needs so called publishers !)

The winners will be announced once a week and theres no small print to quibble over. You may have published it in the New York and Hong Kong Times for all I care. That's the best bit of the rules of the competition !

Email me for address....all monies will be paid out in full to the winners. (so if theres only me I will pay myself one fiver ! lol If there 25 of you - then the winner gets £125
Easy

Good luck - I look forward to your entries. :)

Comments

• Have you tried Sally Q's site?
  • Or Prizemagic?
  • That doesn't quite make sense, if the prize money all goes to the winners and you have 25 entries and they were all stories, then you would have £125... but if they were a mixture you'd have less, but more than £25...
  • edited July 2010
    I often put details of competitions on my blog. patsy-collins.blogspot.com
  • I like the idea, but is it one big winner? Or one from every category?
  • febes, I think lexia was joking.

Were you lexia?
  • [quote=Liz!]That doesn't quite make sense, if the prize money all goes to the winners and you have 25 entries and they were all stories, then you would have £125... but if they were a mixture you'd have less, but more than £25...[/quote]

Does anything I say make sense Liz ? ;)

I meant £125 for the winner of the 25 entries to the stories
    erm.. 3 x £25 for the winners of the poetry and the flash fiction :)

When we get going I might take 1% profit.

(No dora - am not really joking. If it worked I would do it ! Be good to boost morals and thigs)
  • Just thought I'd better add to this for those regulars who remember -

A while back now I started a TB One Word Challenge Anthology. It was rather a major project but i still love the idea. Lots of TB'ers were sending me stuff and we had lots to be . Unfortunately I was ill a few times during this period and really the work ;load was too much for me. I still want to do it - I offered an ISBN and the hopes of a printer for self publishing.
    However, this didn't work this time round but I didn' t want anyone to think this is just another of my BIG ideas that come to nothing. Health allowing, all my big ideas I carry on with to fruition !!
  • It sounds good fun Lexia!