Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

OOH The Delicious anticipation.

edited July 2010 in Writing
Well Chaps,
The time is almost upon me. Its been long gestation, and a fair bit of hard slog.
But soon, very soon the waiting will be over.
My 4th book is at the printers ( unfortunately, the printers are in the far east) and the advance copies will arrive any day now.

Never going to be a best seller, and never going to be reviewed in The Times, -But its mine - Well my Son Ed's and mine, and it ain't bad. ( in as much as it does what it says on the sleeve.) Welding -A Practical guide. Crowood.

The waiting is exquisite pain. I sincerely hope you all get to feel it.

Comments

• Good on you :-) congrats to you and your son.
  • Congratulations Thaddeus, I hope it's a tremendous success, how exciting, that feeling is wonderful.
  • Well done!
  • Holding your book in your hands for the very first time is an experience never to be forgotten - well done!
  • Congratulations. There's nothing like seeing your work in print is there?
  • Congratulations, Thaddeus
  • Congratulations!
  • well done!
  • Brilliant Thad. And dead useful too. I imagine it would be reviewed in DIY magazines (assuming it's for amateurs).
  • I'm feeling your pain=hope the drugs work soon:) Well done Thad
  • Good luck with it.
  • I wish I could feel your pain!

A proud moment for you and your son - enjoy it!
  • [quote=thaddeus]The waiting is exquisite pain. I sincerely hope you all get to feel it.[/quote]

That a good way to explain it, Thaddeus and congratulations.
    Whilst I haven't written a book, I find even waiting for a magazine with one of my articles in it is an exquisite pain. :)
  • Congratulations!
  • Congratulations, well done.
  • Very happy for you, Thaddeus; you and your son, Ed.
  • Must be a great feeling - well done, Thaddeus and Ed.

(I read your book title too quickly and thought it said "Wedding - A Practical Guide" !!)
  • Well done.
  • Thank you everyone. I will let you know when it actually arrives.
    Am still waiting.

How are you Mutley?
  • I'm doing really well thank you. My scar is healing nicely too, which is a bonus.
  • When my nefrectomy scar started to fade, I thought about having it tattooed on permanently.