Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Ink Prices

What do you pay for your printer cartridges? Are you foolish enough to buy from PC World, Currys, Staples etc? I now buy my (genuine) HP catridges from Find My Supplies (www.findmysupplies.co.uk). I still use Cartridge World to fill old black cartridges, but think their colour not too good. Typical cost: 351xl (colour) £37/8 in stores, and £25 (inc postage) FMS. Are we being ripped off? you bet we are and no more so than buying a computer. Even Hewlett Packard(USA) is now made in China. I rest my case.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I buy inks for my Epson from 999Inks on line. I buy HP compatibles, (said this in a thread recently) from The Print Store, part of the Lymington Recycling Company, high capacity compatible cartridges that give me 14000 sheets. I don't think we are being ripped off with the prices we pay. The colour of the compatibles is excellent, as in I am printing books on a laser printer, often illustrated and they come out extremely clear and dark.

My thread:
    (IT) compatible cartridges
  • edited September 2010
    Because we buy so many cartridges for both work and home I now go to a local company, you take your empty cartrdiges in and they fill them with ink for you, it only cost's between £8 to £10 each one.
    there are plenty of these stores around and they save you a fortune over the year.
  • For black ink I get XL HP cartridges via Amazon Marketplace as they are about the same price there as it is to buy a normal sized cartridge from Staples.

I still get my colour cartridges via Amazon Marketplace however the XL colour cartridges aren't as big as the black ones and I don't use the colour as often anyway.

But off the top of my head I can't remember how much they are! :rolleyes:
  • Having only recently heard you can get this stuff from Amazon, I received an order yesterday of an Epson original Black and Colour Multipack (TO615) for £23.83. Ordering the same thing from Epson is almost double this price I believe.
  • I ordered ink on the internet and now my hubby fills my cartridges for me. Much cheaper than buying new cartridges. He fills both the colour and the black.
  • edited September 2010
    Neil, for much the same price from 999inks you can get a complete set of inks for your Epson and two free blacks as well.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for that, Dorothy. I have just looked at the 999 site. But for what I bought via Amazon for £23.83 (TO615 Multipack for Epson Stylus DX4800 printer) 999Inks want £36.75. But thanks again for the info which I feel sure might be of interest to others.
  • I get my Epson cartridges either from Amazon, or 999 inks. I always check for the best price between a few online providers and Amazon; some months other providers are cheaper, the next time I look Amazon is.
  • edited September 2010
    I always use http://www.inkclub.com They are a swedish firm and are very 'green', which I like. Ink is good, too!