Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writers' Circle

edited December 2005 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hi all,

I've read all your tales of Writers' groups with interest and I've been thinking of joining one myself for some time. I'm finally going to take the plunge and visit one Thursday night. I'm really excited but a bit nervous! Someone please, reassure me!!

Nicola x
  • There is nothing to be scared about.  Everyone there has been where you are now and they will undoubtedly make you very welcome.  Writers groups should be friendly and fun.  Don't go with any preconceptions and don't worry if you haven't got the same level of experience as other people, even Stephen King had to start somewhere!  Good luck, but trust me, you don't need it.
  • I endorse everything Lixxie says - go fot it - we all had to start somewhere
  • Yes Nicola, go for it! Writer's groups are usually really friendly. Everyone remembers feeling nervous the first time they went along, and so people will be keen to help you settle in. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.
  • I guess they must have eaten her, as we never heard from her again. :) So much for everyone's reassurances. :)
  • Let's hope she was so pleased with the group that she's still there.
  • Perhaps the Writers' Grp were aliens who took her off to some distant planet.
  • Or maybe she became a famous writer under her real name.
  • That would be great!
  • One of her last posts says she was off to spend a night in a haunted castle!!!

My imagination runs riot!
  • Well it does make you think doesn't it Sagesse, I mean, all these people that pop up from nowhere and then, just disappear. Very odd.
  • Maybe they all went to spend a night in a haunted castle ...

(Sounds like a euphemism, doesn't it?)
  • edited October 2010
    Whooo ... whooo
  • Or maybe, they actually came from the haunted castle in the first place .... aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh
  • And the only place they wanted to go for a chat was this forum?
  • :)

Well Jenny, who else'd have 'em? :)
  • I hope none of them are reading this thread - they might be offended! Wherever they are ...
  • I mean't, who else'd have people from a haunted castle in for a chat?

Not actually real, life breathing people. Actually, do those sort of people exist?
  • As opposed to the people on here, you mean?

We're not real. Are we?
  • Gawd knows but what I wanna know is

Are friends electric?
  • Ask Gary Numan. I think his wig is!
  • http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2008/10/12/32241666.jpg
  • edited October 2010
    I have just stumbled across an article in the Midlands Tribune...apparently, a whole writers group vanished without trace a few years ago...all that was left...were pens...
  • ghost writers?
  • Nice one, Bill!
  • Haha! I survived another haunted night, and many more since! A minor glitch in my life seemed like the end of the world at the time and my writing took a hit. Silly young little madam! I was looking to renew my subscription to to Writing Mag and thought I'd see if I could remember my login. This thread made me giggle... will have to pop back and see how many of you are still active!