Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In January 2011's Magazines due out on the 2nd Dec '10...

edited November 2010 in - WM and WN
Who's in January 2011 WM/WN issues?

The magazines are due out soon.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don't give the ending away.

When the magazines arrive please use this thread- it will drop down the pages in the meantime.

Comments

• I got the Star Letter in WN and will get a copy of the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2011! Hurray!
  • edited November 2010
    Well done LT! Mine has arrived but I've not undone the wrapping yet.
  • Wow Lou that's great. Look forward to reading what you have to say.

Mine not arrived yet.
  • Well done Lou!
  • Well done Lou.
    We haven't had any post today and no sign of the postman yet.
  • I had mail this morning but no magazines.
  • Well done Lou.
  • excellent news Lou, well done
  • Well done Lou. I don't subscribe, so won't know what you wrote.
  • looking forward to reading this letter! Wonder if my copies will arrive tomorrow?
  • It's not that exciting, I'm afraid, Dorothy! But they did include my blog link, which I'm chuffed about.
  • Ooh, well done Lou! Mine hasn't arrived yet - though I did get the mail for a house two doors down this morning - so they might have it instead.
  • *blushes*
    me in Members News section. Not had a chance to look at anything else yet.
  • Got mine, only flicked through yet, but I did notice the small piece on the Bristol prizewinner.
    Very lazy journalism unfortunately as the prize amount given and the anthology in which the stories are published were both wrong and based on the 2011 comp. The results were also out in July so, even allowing for publication delays, hard to class this as news!

Well done to all TBers in - I'll look forward to spotting you!
  • I saw you, Dorothy! Well done, nice photo too.
  • edited November 2010
    [quote=heather]Very lazy journalism unfortunately as the prize amount given and the anthology in which the stories are published were both wrong and based on the 2011 comp. The results were also out in July so, even allowing for publication delays, hard to class this as news![/quote]
    Thanks for highlighting this Heather. I've raised it with the writer concerned... should have spotted it myself before putting it in print, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Oops - I'm being critical again!
    I think I apply higher standards than I do to other publications because it is a writing magazine, but of course anyone can make mistakes.
  • Had post today but no mags..at least not writing ones...:(
  • Of course Heather, you're quite right. We should achieve teh highset standrads ;)
    Carol, I think some have received theirs quite early, to have them already. Hope they arrive soon.
  • Thanks Webbo. :)
    It's quite likely that the snow is causing problems in some places too.
  • [quote=Webbo]should have spotted it myself before putting it in print, though. [/quote]

Who'd be an editor of a magazine for writers?

Brave Willy.
  • Mine not here either...
  • Neither is mine.
  • Worth waiting for though - and not just because my letter's in there! I read nearly every article this month.
  • edited November 2010
    good letter, Lou! Put the situation fair and square on the basis of your own experience. Nice one.

Edit: Now I've had a chance to look through - look being the operative word here - no, there is not much to read at all.
    Nothing has changed since I didn't subscribe/started to subscribe again. Someone promise me a revamp for the New Year, please!!!!! It's dull!!!!!
  • good news everyone

I am not the last to receive mine this time, as mine came this after nooooony. :)

Just for once, I was not last on the postieman's list.
  • Well done Lou and Dorothy!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]I saw you, Dorothy! Well done, nice photo too.[/quote]
    My copy arrived today - it's packed with good stuff this month , incl. plot development - very timely for me as I am starting on Book Two. Great mention Dorothy! The photo is lovely isn't it?
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]I got the Star Letter in WN and will get a copy of the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2011! Hurray! [/quote]
    Wow! Congratulations!
  • Looking forwrd to seeing the piece on Dorothy. And reading Lou's letter- I'm intrigued.
  • edited November 2010
    PBW, I keep wondering what others see in the magazines that I don't ...

I posted the photo on TB and got some compliments on it, I asked my partner to print me some copies, thinking I would get the usual size, instead he printed them A4 ... me in A4 is somewhat scary I have to say. I also had a problem, my media rep wanted to photograph me the moment we walked into the church, (the festival is held in the church of St Peter, Eype,) but the sun had caused my react-o-lites to go wild. She kept looking at me, going 'not yet, not yet' and even then, as you can see, there was shading.

I normally wear the hair tied back but I have been so cold these past few days I have been wearing it down. It is a bit of a pest in a high wind...
  • It is probably more to do with the amount of experience you've gained over a number of years, compared to many of us who still find something new. :)
  • [quote=dorothyd]the sun had caused my react-o-lites to go wild.[/quote]

You weren't wearing Zaphod Beeblebrox's panic glasses, were you?
  • unfortunately, yes, it was a mistake...
  • Still waiting for the post...
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]You weren't wearing Zaphod Beeblebrox's panic glasses, were you? [/quote]

LOL :D
  • [quote=Carol]Still waiting for the post... [/quote]

Same here.
  • I doubt the postman will be venturing out today...(another snow fall at the moment).
  • I agree so no mags today:(
  • Nope, no post in Eastbourne. I heard that the postal "lorries" couldn't get here.
  • that's going to be ongoing until the roads clear, it seems. I will be going to the Sorting Office as usual tomorrow, hoping something has made it to Portsmouth and across to us, the ferries are running and there is no disruption here - tis all the fault of the mainland, you see, got itself tangled up in snow and ice, mad creatures.
  • Still waiting for the post though a Royal Mail Special Delivery package posted yesterday arrived this morning...
  • me too haven't seen any post people around lately
  • Mine's arrived, just going to settle down and have a read!
  • I'm jealous!
  • I came back from the city centre on the local bus and asked some of the older ladies who live at the other end of the estate whether they've had post yet. They had some yesterday but it was junk mail. Like me the day before they got a pile.
    So I want to know when I'm going to get my post...:(
  • I should think all the time Gatwick's shut we're b*ggered in the South East.
  • Oh don't say that! I pity anyone with a birthday as cards won't be delivered. We had snow on my birthday in January and I didn't get any cards as there was no post, it didn't feel the same at all.
  • My sons didn't get their birthday cards until Tuesday, rather than on the day, Monday.