Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

STOP PRESS: Wales Book of the Year shortlists

edited June 2006 in - WM and WN

Comments

• Winners of the Academi Cardiff’s Wales Book of the Year Awards 2006 are due to be announced on 11 July.
    Recognising both Welsh and English language books, the prize offers £10,000 to two Welsh or Welsh-interest authors.
    The shortlists, announced too late be included in the latest issue of <em>Writers’ News</em>, are:
    English-language: <em>To Babel and Back</em>, Robert Minhinnick (Seren); <em>Ice Trap</em>, Kitty Sewell (Honno); <em>Body Beautiful</em>, Ifor Thomas (Parthian).
    Welsh-language: <em>Gwynfor: Rhag Pob Brad</em>, Rhys Evans (Y Lolfa); <em>Llên yr Uchelwyr: Hanes Beirniadol Llenyddiaeth Gymraeg 1300-1525</em>, Dafydd Johnston (Gwasg Prifysgol Cymru); <em>Rara Avis</em>, Manon Rhys (Gomer).
    Winners will be announced at the Hilton Hotel, Cardiff, 11 July.
    Website: <A HREF="http://www.academi.org" target="blank">www.academi.org</A>
  • Thanks for this.
    As a 100% true blooded Welshman I am very interested in this site.

Taffybach
  • Thanks Webbo, I wonder who will win?
  • I contacted them but the print date on my novel is december 2005 as this was when the first draft was produced by Booksurge. So unfortunately this negates me from 2006.
    The good news is that the follow up will be complete this autumn so can enter that and Academi are also listing me on their pages as a Welsh author  :-)

Thanks for the comments on the web page. It's fun to do and a good central place for info about my writing. I just wish more people would use the Buy Now link  :-)

Taff