Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Parodies Lost

edited January 2011 in - Writing Tales
A few of us (Lolli, IrishAutumn, LouTreleaven and myself) have just launched a new parodies blog called Parodies Lost. We already have a follower (thanks, Tony!) and we'd love for you all to come over and take a look at our parodies of the Classics.

Anyone else who wants to post is welcome to join. Just whisper your email address to me or Lou and we'll send you an invitation.

http://parodieslost.blogspot.com/

Comments

• sounds like fun and it's another good way of stirring up the writing braincells! Go go go!
  • edited January 2011
    ^
  • Very clever !

I have a Shakespeare sonnet, if Parodies Lost is interested :)
  • I have a parody of a poem by Hardy is that OK?
  • [quote=kateyanne]I have a parody of a poem by Hardy is that OK?[/quote]

Yes kateyanne.
  • FT - Years ago I wrote a sort of parody of a Gilbert & Sullivan song, but it might be libellous. Shall I whisper it to you to see what you think?
  • I've posted one.
  • Good-o! We're certainly getting off to a flying start. Thanks all! :)
  • there are some very good ones there so far
  • I've enjoyed all those I've read so far. :)
  • Brilliant, everyone! FT, I've made a few changes - hope that's okay. If not feel free to change back! I've put in a sidebar with archives, contributors and followers, and changed the subtitle.
  • I like the' for what do we live' etc at the top!
  • I have posted my Dracula parody!
  • I love 'em!
    I wanna play.
    Give me a day or two ... and another computer perhaps
  • I am working on my poems by Dillon Duffy (Dylan Thomas) Mine are a poetry double act!
  • Love the name and what a great idea!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]I have posted my Dracula parody! [/quote]

It's terrific. I wanted to post a comment but Blogger won't let me. I have half solved the problem. I can now post comments again on my own blog but it won't let me do it on Parodies Lost. Bah! I can do a post (I think) but I can't add a comment. Blogger help is not a lot of use to be honest but the Blogger functionality is so quick and easy to use and the community is enormous. If I was really dedicated I would change to Word Press but I'm just too darn busy...

anyway, again - Lou - lovely piece and especially since I have that DVD in my collection and I watch regularly. From now on I will ALWAYS see the bat droppings and Mother's arm . Hilarious!
  • In fact let me say - all of the posts are great - so you'll have to imagine that what I say here I would normally have put as comments.
  • PBW are you signed into your account when you've tried to comment on Parodies?
    If you are and you still can't comment then it may be due to the settings on the Parodies blog.
  • I was able to leave a comment, after I signed in to my account.
  • It's posted!!
  • Have left a comment
  • No comment at the bottom of my entry! Am I doing something wrong - I'm new to blagging!
  • I am going to add labels to each entry showing what classic work or author is being paradied - I won't edit anything else on the entries, promise.

Marc - I can see your own comment and mine.
  • Labels added. New posters, please include in the labels box at the bottom of your post the name of the author and, if applicable, the name of the book or work.

All these administrator powers are going to my head! I'm off to design a logo.
  • I've posted one

http://parodieslost.blogspot.com/2011/01/in-which-pooh-and-piglet-are-looking.html
  • [quote=Carol]PBW are you signed into your account when you've tried to comment on Parodies?
    If you are and you still can't comment then it may be due to the settings on the Parodies blog. [/quote]

Yes cos if I'm going to post I go in through my own Blogger dashboard. If you could just look at the settings when you have time that would be great. I've fixed my own comment problem for Novel Thinking but I can't seem to fix the Parodies one.
  • love the Dillan Thomas btw
  • That's one pissed off bear :)
  • So much great stuff on this blog - but I barely had time to scratch the surface. Where do you all find the time to do all this reading of material on the internet? I just don't have the luxury to spend hours and hours browsing through all the interesting stuff that tb flags up. :rolleyes:
  • I've posted a WB Yeats type verse.
  • Since it's Burns Night tonight, I just posted Cormac McCarthy's tribute to Robert Burns.
  • You're really channing McCarthy's spirit, aren't you! Love it!
  • Great stuff. I really enjoyed that last one. They're all very entertaining. I still can't get the Comments function to work for me though. Any chance you can look at the settings at your end, Lou & ft?
  • edited January 2011
    I'll have a look pbw.

I've had a look and can't see why you aren't able to comment, pbw. But I've changed the "who can comment" to "anyone" now, so you should be able to. If not, can you tell me whether you can see the comments box when you click on comments?
  • WOW! love the new look blog. And the Robbie Buns.
  • It will be on my evening blog viewing schedule.
    I've enjoyed them so far.
  • hi FT. I used to be able to commnet , but cannot now. I can see the comment box, but not click into it, or add any text. Same things is happening on ceka's blog as well. I wanted to comment on your rab burns poem. Brilliant!
  • Lolli, I can only assume this is some problem between your computer and Blogger. Don't know what else to suggest - maybe you could try the Help section in Blogger?
  • Perhaps there is a general problem at the moment. Has anyone else had problems?
  • edited January 2011
    Just asked my other half (who is a bit more savvy than me about these things) and he suggests trying on another computer, just to see if it's your computer that's the problem.

Whenever I've had access problems it's generally been my cookies that need deleted. You could try that.

ETA: I've just added a hit counter and edited some of the labels so the Parodies List doesn't show posters names or other words like 'texting'.

Please label your posts with the author/work you are parodying and nothing else or it will appear in this list. Thanks.
  • [quote=flyingtart]I've had a look and can't see why you aren't able to comment, pbw. But I've changed the "who can comment" to "anyone" now, so you should be able to. If not, can you tell me whether you can see the comments box when you click on comments? [/quote]
    Yes it's working now, thank you. :)
  • but I had no problem posting comments until pbw said that she couldn't and you changed the settings! :( I will do as you say and see if that makes any difference. Seems odd though, that i could comment yesterday morning but not in the evening!
  • edited January 2011
    Flippin heck I just did a post on my own blog and it's gone on to the Parodies one by mistake! How do i delete it?
    I tried to edit but it wouldn't let me! Sorry guys.

It's ok done it! Must make sure I read the heading of the blog next time.
  • [quote=Lolli]I will do as you say and see if that makes any difference.[/quote]
    Keep me posted, Lolli. There is a Help section (top right hand of the page) which might have more suggestions.
  • Dunno what made the difference. I did a clean of unnecessary files on my computer and also closed the blog page down, when i opened it again everything was fine. Thanks for the tip though, If it happens again i shall try it again.
  • edited January 2011
    [quote=claudia]Where do you all find the time to do all this reading of material on the internet? [/quote]

This one gets me as well, claudia.
    I reckon most of us here do nothing else but browse the internet and all these books and stories we get written must be ghost written !

*puts on helmet and flack jacket and waits for responses ... * ;)
  • Claudia, I was going to ask that too!