Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New website

2»

Comments

• Oooh-er missus! The new web site and landing page are up. Very smart!
  • The new site - impressive!
  • Yes, I like it too.
  • Looks good!
  • edited May 2011
    gotta go sploring - now that I'm in. Have had to make a new bookmark!
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]Does it mean we'll all have to get dressed properly before we log in?[/quote]
    [quote=dora]"wonders what "getting dressed" means" [/quote]

That would explain my difficulty gaining access. White coats all round then, my wardrobe is rather dilapidated.
  • Looks great Webbo. I'm a Web Manager by day and know how something that looks so simple can be extremely complicated in the background. Congrats to your team.
  • Webbo - I love you (a slight exaggeration and my husband might object but you are certainly right up there) you have solved my biggest bug-bear. Thank you. Now when I press the back button to go back to where I was the discussion list shows the thread I looked at previously as having been read. Life is so much easier. Thank you.
  • [quote=Mutley]Now when I press the back button to go back to where I was the discussion list shows the thread I looked at previously as having been read.[/quote]

Mine doesn't do this (:( ) but hey, what the...? New site looks brill ! And so much to read, I have put writing on hold till next month ! ;)
  • *Basks in warm glow*
    Thanks everyone
    *ducks to avoid being attacked by the fantastic Warners Internet Team who really did all the work*
  • well done webbo and team, its looking good (now that i've updated my favorites i won't sulk that its gone!! :-) )
  • pbwpbw
    edited May 2011
    [quote=Webbo]*Basks in warm glow*
    Thanks everyone
    *ducks to avoid being attacked by the fantastic Warners Internet Team who really did all the work* [/quote]

Ah ha! The quote function worked this time!

It really is very impressive, stuff, Team, especially the 'Take-in-at-a-glance' page design. Really neat.
  • Three cheers for all the Team. :)
  • Hip hip...
  • Hooray! :D
  • Hooray ;)
  • Hurraaaaaayyyyyyyyaaaarggh!

"chokes, coughs, splutters"
  • Oh this is all very nice - glad I popped in for a quick look-see (and delighted to see so many fresh threads to linger over).
  • Back on line again thought I had lost you all. Thanks webbo need to explore now
  • [quote=LilyC]I'm a Web Manager by day [/quote]

That sounds like the lead-in to a film about superheroes ...

"LilyC is a Web Manager by day, but by night she is Fantasticawoman who can leap tall buildings in a single bound whilst at the same time cooking a gourmet meal for all the media restaurant critics!"
  • No, she'd have to be Spiderwoman if she's a web manager.
  • Groan!
  • Nice one, Jay!
  • It all looks great. Thanks, Webbo and team.
  • edited May 2011
    Aaargh - spiderwoman? I've got something very scary in my lean-to at the moment that I'm sure is a false widow (does that make it a Web Mistress)?

Right, apparently the following needs to come with a warning. "Scroll past if you don't like spiders":

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu66/Lily-C/spider-small.jpg

Sorry Webbo. They distracted me. And I was trying to be all serious-like.

Do carry on...
  • [quote=LilyC]I've got something very scary in my lean-to at the moment[/quote]
    That looks horrid. I was bitten behind the ear by something similar four years ago and had to have antihistamine tablets and antibiotics. I think it's an immigrant from Europe and it's a biter.
  • lily c you should have put a graphic picture warning on your post first...
  • Sorry - shall I whip it away?
  • There's some website where you can get it checked out- something like the Natural History museum.
  • I've looked at loads of sites (very nervewracking) which is why I think it's a False Widow. There are lots in Hastings caves just 15 miles up the coast and I've heard they're on the move. I contacted Environmental Health but they haven't got back to me yet.

Anyway, so sorry everyone. I didn't mean to hijack this thread.
  • no you are alright lilyc but i'm not going to return to this thread... ummm i just have...... eeeeekkk nastys run run for your lives....
  • sorry lillyc couldnt make it do a smily but one should have been there :-)
  • I think I saw one of those in my daughter's garden the other week. It got into the grass box, whilst I was mowing the lawn. No-one except me would go near it after that - but I WOZ BRAVE! I can't touch spiders, but I did empty the grass box, and thought it had gone, until my grandson tried to empty it after he'd done some mowing. Lo and behold there it was again. We made sure it went into the recycling bin that time!!!!!
  • I wonder what it will come back as Lolli?