Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Wow! Wow! I've won first prize in the Swanwick poetry comp ( again!)

edited May 2011 in - Writing Tales
Just had an email to say I have won first prize in the Swanwick Poetry Prize, with my poem called Nature Walk.
I win a poetry course ( I did the first one with WM 3 years ago, so hope i can do the advanced now, which I wanted to do but couldn't afford ) and two years subs renewal to WM! woo hoo!

Comments

• Fantastic news! Congratulations :)
  • Excellent, kateyanne!

Well done!
  • Brilliant Kateyanne, well done.
  • Many congratulations!
  • Smarty-pants. :D

Congrats!
  • Well done Katyanne poet laureate next stop
  • That's great news Katyanne. You must be so pleased.
  • That is so fantastic, Katyanne! A big "Very well done".
  • How wonderful! Well done!
  • Fantastic, Katyanne! Well done!!
  • Well done Kateyanne!
  • Excellent news, well done!
  • Winning once is great, but twice is just plain greedy! Well done you.
  • Wey-hey, Kateyanne; there's no keeping you down!
  • Well done, loved the homage to John Wayne on your blog too.
  • Wow - you are one talented lady! Hope you enjoy the course - not that you need it!!!
  • Well done! Fantastic news, and very well deserved.
  • Wow, congratulations Kateyanne!
  • Yes, one talented lady indeed. Well done you kateyanne.
    :)
  • congratulations
  • Yee-bloomin'-HAH!
    well done that woman yet again AND ... I think you may hold the record for 'Swanwick Winning Writing' (Montholon may be hot on your tail but I think you're one ahead - is this the third time?)
    I see you don't get a free trip to Swanners (WHY NOT!) but maybe that's not such a bad thing if the alternative is your Advanced Poetry Course which I know you've been wanting to do. AND you get WM free for a year - or is it two.
    Attagirl, KA!
  • Kateyanne you only went and won one of the few prizes out there that makes you feel and actually gives credence to poetry. Well done and wow back at ya.
  • Well done, Kateyanne. I hope you enjoy the prize.
  • Well done Kateyanne! :-)
  • Yes Ceka it's three firsts -two poetry 2008 and this year and one writing for children 2009.
    Trophies have to be given back after a year my son said it should be like the world cup and you keep it after 3 wins!
  • How wonderful, Kateyanne. Congratulations.
  • Congratulations thousandfold - your hard work is paying off - well done
  • Oh you brilliant person! That is SO impressive! Congratulations!
  • Terrific news, Kateyanne. Well done!
  • kateyanne - I think your son is right, you definitely deserve the trophy on your sideboard as a permanent fixture!
    You are an inspiration as you don't just sit back and think yippee I'm wonderful, that's three first prizes - you work harder and want to do an advanced poetry course and do even better. You go girl and well done :D enjoy your prizes, they are hard earned
  • Well done you! :)
  • Well done. :)
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • Brilliant news kateyanne; what a wonderful achievement - again!
  • Congratulations!
  • Whoop, whoop! Nicely done, Kateyanne.
  • Well done and I will see you there!!
  • I'm not going, Emma much as I would like to, just don't have the money. Shame they changed the first prize in a way, as it used to be a free week at Swanick, that's what i got last time I won the poetry and then again when I won the story for children. It still is a week there for the children comp. I hope you have a great time i know you will as I did.
  • Many congratulations on winning the first prize, Kateyanne. The prizes still sound very useful - even though you'd have preferred the week at Swanick.
  • Brilliant news, kateyanne. Well done!
  • Fabulous news, well done!
  • Aw!! Sorry kateyanne, I didn't realise it had changed the poetry winner. Well done on the win though! Hope it's still a fab prize!!
  • Brilliant! Congratulations kateyanne.
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • WOO HOO indeed !
    Well done, Kateyanne.
    Enjoy your prize x