Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

There's Hope!

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello everyone. I just wanted to say to all the writers who are following their dreams... it can happen. My memoirs, 'The Modfather - My Life with Paul Weller' have just been published by Heinemann. Google me for details. I left school with two 'o' levels twenty-five years ago and I promised a girl over a kitchen table that one day I'd write a book. Modfather tells that story.

Keep the faith!

David Lines.
  • Well done!  You must be dead chuffed.  Is there another in pipeline yet?
  • Inspiration indeed - many congratulations
  • Congratulations, you must be very pleased.
  • Many congratulations, David.
  • Well done!  It's always nice to hear of someone whose hard work has paid off.

Congrats.
  • Great news David.
  • Thank you all very much. You're all very kind. Good luck - to us all!

David.
  • Congratulations from me too.
  • And me too.
  • Hey, everyone -

Get this... next Wednesday, march 22nd, I'm on one word radio at noon and eight p.m talkng about what inspired my book, how it was written and then finally published. If anyone's interested, you can listen via www.oneword.co.uk or via sky digital, channel 0127.

All best,

David.
  • That's fantastic David.  Well done and good luck with the interview.  I hope it sends your sales through the roof!
  • Thanks, Jacey - that would be lovely! So hard to try and broadcast and at the same time think about 'selling' your book to the listener. Still - just give it a go!
    Thanks for your kind words -

David.
  • That wasn't too bad! Actually, I quite enjoyed it - if anyone fancies tuning-in, I'm repeated this evening at 8 p.m!