Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My Weekly

edited July 2011 in - Writing Tales
My Weekly asked for some changes and then bought the short story. Thank goodness. It's been a very slow year for acceptances.

Comments

• Glad to hear of your good news I hope it continues.Well done.
  • Well done Ceka
  • Well done indeed!
  • That's so good. Congratulations :)
  • Excellent!
  • Great news, ceka. Well done !
  • Glad it was accepted Ceka. Well done.
  • Well done, Ceka.
  • Great news, Ceka!
  • That's brill well done
  • Well done ceka. Another one added to the pile.
  • Well done, Ceka!
  • Good for you, Ceka.
  • Good stuff! I just sold my first one to them in ages too - after they asked for changes!
  • edited July 2011
    Ah you're back Viv.
    (Have you got all the responses you need for your womag article?)
    Congratulations on the sale too.
  • Yay! Congrats!
  • Well done, ceka
  • Good-o!
  • Congratulations, ceka - very good news indeed and will inspire others
  • I don't like to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm, but being inspired isn't going to get new writers onto My Weekly's list of short story writers. As far as I know, it's still closed to anyone not already published in the magazine. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I really hope that I am - but I've heard no news to the contrary.
  • You're right Montholon, still no change on the MW front, though the Pocket Novels are open to new writers.
  • You can be inspired to try for another magazine. -shrugs-

Well done, ceka.
  • They can't stay closed forever.
    But right now they ONLY want 1400 word 'twist in tailers' or 700 word coffee break fiction. Not really a lot of scope even for those of us inside the doorway! And Liz says her stocks are 'Very Healthy' - so there may well be no change in requirements for some time
  • Well done, guys!
  • Sorry Carol, only just read your question. Yes, quite a few fiction editors replied in detail and the article is finished and in Jonathan's capable hands being got ready for the Sept issue.
  • Thanks Viv. It will be interesting to see what they say.