Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Congrats to LilyC...new 'Guest Editor' of Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers!

edited July 2011 in - Writing Tales
This has already been mentioned on the 'Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers' thread, but I think it really deserves its own thread. So, big congrats to 'Our Lil', who will be helping us out, as life, writing and a deluge of submissions have been swamping us! By 'us' I mean fellow Talkbacker, LeeH, author Matt Hilton and little old me.

For the full story go here... http://thrillskillsnchills.blogspot.com/2011/07/announcement-please-give-warm-tknc.html

Personally, may I just say, for those who don't really know me, that I've been a Talkbacker for a number of years and still check in weekly, at least. Editing our ezine, TKnC, and writing a second crime novel for an agent (to hopefully sell this time!!!), takes up much of my time (F-T job 'n' two bin lids too! :D). So its difficult, time-wise, for me to do the old chit-chat thing on here like I used to love doing. This site has helped me understand the industry and the craft of wwriting, and has given me some great writer friends for life, so I'm forever in its debt.

Thanks to you all,
Col

Ps. TIP: It may come to nothing, who really knows...? But my agent found me by reading my online stories. I know for a fact he subscribes by email to our ezine and likes crime driven novels (he'll stretch to supernatural crime), so, if you're that way inclined... why not give it a go and submit a story...? ;)

Comments

• Congratulations, Lily!
  • Congratulations to all of you and especially to Lily.
  • Congrats (again) Lily - I'm sure you'll be a great asset to tknc.

Interesting what you say about being discovered through your online stories, Col. Makes me kinda wish it was more my genre. Anyway, hopefully our other budding crime writers will take this on board and get their stories noticed.
  • Well done, Lily!
  • Oops - nearly missed this!

Thank you Col - I'm really touched, and as I said on the other thread - really looking forward to getting involved.

I'll also echo what Col says about TB; it's a great forum - always informative, often fun, sometimes confrontational (which is when I hide) but overall is such a great place to be. I've made good friends with people I would probably never meet in real life and learned so much from you all.

As for TKnC - yup, it's followed by agents and is an award-winning winning site but it wouldn't be so successful without the consistent hard work of our Col, our Lee Hughes and the site's founder - best selling author of the Joe Hunter series, Matt Hilton. It also attracts lots of visitors globally, and plenty of authors and readers regularly stop by to make comments. TKnC is a brilliant showcase for all kinds of thrillers, crime stories, noir, dark fiction and horror - so if you have something brewing - do throw it our (ooh!) way.
  • I've commented on TKnC Lily, but for the record here it is again: there is nobody better than you they could have chosen to co-edit their 'orribles!
  • I added my congrats on TKnC, but I'll add it here too, well done.
  • Congratulations LilyC ! I don't usually read that thread but am more than happy to congratulate you here.
    Continuing best wishes to all for the e-zine
  • You're just the right person to step up, Lily. Congrats and hope it goes well.
  • Cheers everyone (wipes away a little tear and falls into bed).

xx
  • Well done Lily!
  • Congrats Lilly I went in and had a gory read.
  • Great stuff, Lily! Congrats and good luck to you and your colleagues.
  • Well done Lily. Great that your involved.
  • Thanks for all the lovely congrats everyone. I really appreciate your support.

I've popped my bio on Ye Olde Authors page now at http://thrillskillsnchills.blogspot.com/p/ye-olde-editors.html (as requested by, erm, ye other olde editors) and am going to get stuck in to posting one of the submissions from the basement later today. Looking forward to having a good poke about to see what squeals.
  • Hurray for Lily

Hurray for Col

Hurray for Tbers :)

Hurrrraaaay :)