Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In September's WM/WN due out soon...

edited July 2011 in - WM and WN
Who’s in September 2011’s magazines? The magazines probably won’t be out for a few days so DON’T EXPECT THEM JUST YET.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give the ending away.

I'm starting this early as I may be out of communication at the start of next week, so whoever gets their magazines first please check the second and third pages for this thread.

Comments

• Im on page 52 - writing for the Internet :-)

Also noticed some other talkbackers :-)

pp x
  • WEll done PP! Have my copy - going to look at it over lunch :)
  • My article about short story markets starts on page 12 - it's 3 pages long and has not been cut in any way, so all my research and editor interviews are there.
    I noticed you there too, Chris - our pictures are together on the title page! That's helped demystify what you do when you write your internet pieces, although most of its technological stuff is still way above my head! We missed you at caerleon this year.
  • well done PP and Viv!
  • Congratulations, PP and Viv!

I am on the shortlist for the Great Expectations short story competition.

WN page 22.

Have spotted another TBer not mentioned yet.
  • edited August 2011
    Well done PP and Kado, and Viv too- your article was the first item I turned to, to read, it was good.
    Yes there are a couple of other TB's in members news.
  • Ooh - I'm on page 13 of WN.

Well done PP, Viv and Kado - I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!
  • Am I right in thinking that WN is now included in WM for everyone, not just subscribers?
  • Well done, Lily!

Yes it is in there for everyone.
  • edited August 2011
    Yes Lily it's now included, but only subscribers can get into members news.

Well done Lily.
  • My letter is in Writing Magazine :)
  • [quote=LilyC]Ooh - I'm on page 13 of WN.[/quote]

Congratulations, LilyC!

You are the one I spotted.
  • Congratulations, Mutley!
  • Great letter Mutley - tee hee.
  • Well done to Kado and Mutley too!
  • Congrats to all of you! Well done.
  • Congratulations Mutley, saw another TBer next to yours too.
    Bumper month for Talkback successes.
  • [quote=Carol]only subscribers can get into members news.[/quote]

But I'm not a subscriber and there's a member's news section in my copies of WM.
  • I think Carol means get into it as in have their news published in it.

Well done all who are in - haven't opened mine yet.
  • Oh help, well done PP and Viv and Kado and Lily and Mutley ... is this a TakeOver Bid?
  • Oh, I see. My bad :P
  • We've definitely taken over this issue. I'm on page 46.
  • So we have, Writebag, I'll take a look at page 46.
  • Wow - TBers rule! Great stuff. Well done, everyone.
  • edited August 2011
    Well done every one who has been mentioned have read Lilyc`s article and Vivs will look out for all the others
  • edited August 2011
    [quote=writebag]We've definitely taken over this issue. I'm on page 46.[/quote]
    Article looks great, writebag - I'm looking forward to reading it!
  • Well done everybody, you've done TB proud this month!

(Sorry I've not been on TB for a while - school holidays means I don't get on the computer much at the moment...)
  • Well done writebag I'll make sure to read it tomorrow.

[quote=Lou Treleaven](Sorry I've not been on TB for a while - school holidays means I don't get on the computer much at the moment...) [/quote]

Yes that's been my problem too this week.
  • Hence the lateness of the hour!
  • I've only got as far as Viv's briliant article so far, but congratulations to her and everyone else who has been spotted. Fantastic month for TB!
  • Congratulations everybody.
  • [quote=Viv]We missed you at caerleon this year.[/quote

Thanks, its nice to be missed. I didnt come due to illness. I intended to come until quite late, but had to cancel in the first week of July as it just wasnt going to happen. Gerry was very understanding, and I will def. be there next year (have just got the programme). How was it this year?

pp x
  • I've bought my copy today! Looking forward to reading TBers' writing!
  • Welcome done Mutley, PP, Viv and Lily. Always great to see some familiar names in there.
  • Congrats to all who have got inside the covers this month. I haven't had mine yet - the post may be on holiday. (It's August, it's France - what can you do?)
  • PP. sorry you were sick. Hope you are ok now. We had a great time - Sheila and I brought 2 other members from our writing group. Food good as usual!! Weather beautiful. See you next year. Mitzi's doing an erotica course - right up your street!
  • Fame at last for Staffordshire oldies

Page 19 of Writers' News - Writers' Round-up

I'm the 4th head from right in the purple trousers - Codsall Writers - they're my little community learning group - 6 people were missing the week we took the photo that's why it looks so few.
  • Well done. I wondered which one was you!
  • Well done, Betsie!
  • Well done Betsie.
  • It's arrived today, so I will go now and have a look at it. I have just eaten an enormous custard-filled pastry - it was a reward for spending a lot of time and an inordinate amount of money in a DIY store: but hey, you haven't lived if you haven't got a cement mixer, a Very Big Drill, a shower tray, tiles, a kitchen sink, a cuddly toy - and need to sit down with something to read for at least an hour.
  • Go Betsie!!
  • Ok, I'm going to have to get one, aren't I? Have to be out of the house from 9 till 6.30 tomorrow as the electricity is off, so i shall need things to do! This is one i can look forward to...
  • Wow! It's a bumper month for tbers. Congratulations PP, Viv, Kado, writebag, LilyC, Mutley and Betsie :)
  • [quote=Betsie]I'm the 4th head from right in the purple trousers [/quote]

I can't see a purple trouser belonging the fourth head Betsie? :)

Well done on being in the mag Betsie and group.
  • Viv, good article - and comprehensive, too.
  • Well done Betsie.
  • Well done all of you. I especially liked Viv's article, it was good. Betsie, your group seems similar to the one I have been going to for the last thirteen years. We are mostly Gold Oldies mainly because it is on a Tuesday afternoon. We have one member in her forties (a talented poet) and one in her fifties but they are merely youngsters!
  • Well done Passionatepens, Viv, Kado, LilyC, Mutley (and other letter-writer), Writebag and Betsie! Wow, what a month!
  • I can't remember if I've even received mine yet - I shall have to check. I know that if I have received it then I haven't opened it yet

Well done to all those who are in there.