Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Finalist in the BritWriters Awards

edited September 2011 in - Writing Tales
I am a finalist in the children's story section!

http://www.britwriters.com/adult-category-finalists-announced/

Comments

• Hurray! Well done, Kateyanne :)
  • Well done Kateyanne.
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne.
  • Thats wonderful news Kateyanne.
  • Congratulations - that's amazing news!
  • How exciting, well done.
  • Congrats. :D
  • Congratulations! That is wonderful news!
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • Wow! So, what happens now? Do you go to the awards ceremony? What does the winner get as a prize? Do the other finalists (ie runners up) get a prize too? It's all very exciting.
  • Hurray for Kateyanne
  • Way to go Kateyanne. That's brilliant.
  • Cool. Nicely done, Kateyanne!
  • Yes, Viv I am going to the awards evening, which is on October 7th at the London Aquarium. It was in the 02 last year which I went to when I made the long list of 30. They have changed things this year so that there is just a list of finalists who are invited. It all looks much better organised than last year and the evening will be televised on Sky TV channels.There will be celebrities and publishers etc.
    It's a black tie event and I need to get a posh frock! Oh and some new shoes. The main prize is £10,000, last year a children's book won. Not sure if each category has prizes. Exciting!
  • Wow!!! That is so fantastic - well done and very best of luck for the 7th!
  • Well done KA. Do let us know how you go on.
    You're on quite the streak at the mo!
  • Well done, kateyanne.

I hope you have a fantastic evening and go all the way!
  • That's such good news Kateanne - enjoy the event and best of luck for the final! :)
  • [quote=kateyanne]It all looks much better organised than last year and the evening will be televised on Sky TV channels.[/quote]

that sounds much improved, so instead of like last time where the runners up stood and gawped at the others who were allowed to eat "down below," you'll have us lot glued to the TV watching YOU scoff

something to look forward to KA :)
  • Great stuff Kateyanne, good luck.
  • Well done Kateyanne
    Good luck
  • Dora hopefully there will be none of that happening as it seems it's not a sit down do this time.
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • Well done Kateyanne. Congratulations!
  • Congrats kateyanne - well deserved.
  • Well done. Enjoy the 'event'.
  • Hey, that's so exciting! And it does sound better than last year. Agree with Webbo, this is turning out to be a great writing year for you!
  • Congrats Kateyanne - have great evening.
  • Kateyanne, congratulations! I'm so pleased for you. They offered me a ticket at £100 - they only had ten left, they said. They did say it would be worth while going, as there would be a lot of publishers there. I entered my self-published autobio, which seemed to have a lot of praise from all readers, but obviously it didn't win. Did you make a video, as instructed? Have a wonderful and successful evening!
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks Verica. No I didn't make a video, I didn't see that!
  • Very late, been up in Scotland for a week or so, sorry I'm so late to congratulate you - well, KA, 2011 is turning out to be quite a year for you! Very very well done, I'll be rooting for you on the 7th but as I don't have a telly that works and certainly don't have Sky, but I do hope someone with YouTube your appearance!
    Excellent, such exciting news.
    Cer-ACKER!
    Well done that author!
    C
  • What brilliant news. well done.
  • That's great and exciting news Kateyanne. I wish you all the best of luck for the night.
  • Brilliant! Best of luck.
  • Hi kateyanne, not been on talkback for some considerable time but just had this idea I would look in and saw your post..

I too am a finalist in the britwriters awards - short story category.

I'll look out for you...
  • Hi Pamela will look out for you too and best of luck!
  • Bloody 'ell, TWO of 'us'!
    Go, TBites, GO!
  • And you too Kateyanne... have you got your posh frock then? I'm still deciding - yeek!
  • Well done Pamela.
    Great to see TB's making a splash.
  • Thanks Carol... yes it is isn't it :-)
  • Ladies, Best of luck to you both. I know nothing about these awards, but to have been short listed is an achievement in itself, so feel proud, cos all of us here are rooting for you.
  • Yes Pamela I have my dress have you got your acceptance speech ready just in case!?
  • Fingers crossed!
  • Wonder how Pamela and Kateyanne have done...
  • They must have a result by now! Kateyanne did say it would be on Sky TV. Anyone got Sky??
  • Nope.
    Visited someone with Sky but couldn't see Britwriters anywhere on the board.
    Gotta goto bed now, I'll have to wait until tomorrow ...
  • That is brilliant news kateanne
  • It's late just got back but don't feel sleepy yet so thought I'd report back. I didn't win but I had a great evening. It was so much better organised than last year. It was really nice being in Madame Tussauds this year ( venue was changed due to numbers) got to meet Tom Cruise etc while we had drinks and nibbles.
    There was a meal too when we were in the main area for the awards and very nice it was too. The overall winner was a children's book but for younger children this time.
  • Sorry to hear you didn't win, Kateyanne, but what a buzz to get that close! If I were you, I'd be adding it to every blurb of every book I have out - "Finalist in..." It's definitely something to be proud of.

By the way, I love the way you just dropped in that line "got to meet Tom Cruise"!