Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow - Kindle download out now!

edited November 2011 in Writing
Hi everyone

The second novella in my 'Magenta Shaman' dark urban fantasy series, is now out on Kindle. *Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow* is just 99p on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Magenta-Shaman-Stones-Crow-ebook/dp/B006888CNA

Book Description:

Natural born shaman, Magenta Sweeney is torn from the comfort of England's green coast and sent on a terrifying trance journey by the very guides and guardians that claim to protect her. This time she must do as she is told. This time – she has no choice.

In Magenta Shaman Stones The Crow, Maggie finds herself eight hundred miles from home, wandering the Bohemian forests of the Czech Republic in a final, desperate attempt to rescue the father she'd long believed dead.

As the bleak stone walls of ancient Houska Castle loom through the trees the shaman must prepare herself as never before.

And when the Gates of Hell open to invite Magenta in, she is forced to make a decision – one that could be her last.

I hope to publish both the Magenta Shaman books through Smashwords very soon so that it can be downloaded to other devices, in different formats and through Barnes & Noble, Sony and the apple Store too.

I would very much appreciate any feedback on the new book. Thank you for your support.

All the best.

Lily x

Comments

• Excellent and much anticipated news Lily. Looking forward to diving back into that mystical world.
  • Woo! Will download as soon as I get home...looking forward to seeing what's in store for Magenta next!
  • Thank you so much Tony and Steven! I do hope you enjoy it (bites fingernails nervously).
  • On my list for tomorrow... I will have to buy previous as well.. xxx
  • Thank you MrsN!!

x
  • This morning's rankings:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
    #81 in Books > Fantasy > Horror
    #9,847 Paid in Kindle Store

Now to keep it up there!
  • Congratulations LilyC ! I look forward to reading it.
  • Thank you Fiona (pbw)! I hope you enjoy it.

x
  • Congrats, Lily! Your rankings are looking good. Hope it's a great seller.
  • Spooky! Just reviewed your first one. ;)

http://colburysnewcrimefiction.blogspot.com/2011/11/col-burys-crime-fiction-choice-20.html

Buying Maggie 2 now...! :)
  • Excellent Lily! Well done, I still have to download an ebook reader for my laptop (I could use husband's ipad but it never leaves his hands!) and then I will be back here for the links to Magenta Shaman. Hurray !
  • I LOVE the cover, it's fabulous!
  • Rosalie - thank you! I just checked again (as you do :) ) and it's gone up to # 36 in Books > Fantasy > Horror. Blimey!!

Col - that review of the first book... wow. You really have sucked in the essence of Magenta and understood her, her power, her relationship and her vulnerability. Thank you so much for your kind words.

mrsappletreeman. Firstly, may I say that I adore your name and assume you to be a lover of the wonderful All About Eve? I still have The Apple Tree Man on vinyl. It always reminds me of James Herbert's The Magic Cottage as the track was out at the same time as the book.

Secondly, aw - thanks. The cover drawing of Magenta was done by my husband (he did the drawing of the first book's cover too as well as the etching of the 'demon' on my dark verse collection) then I did the graphic manipulation work and created the actual cover.

Did you know you can download Kindle for PC? Or you can get it for iPhone/Pad and Android? Though I have to say it doesn't begin to compare to an actual Kindle. I also learnt today of a wonderful, open-source programme Calibre at http://calibre-ebook.com that will convert all e-books to versions that can be read by other devices (such as Nook) - definitely worth considering.
  • pbwpbw
    edited November 2011
    I've read Magenta Stones The Crows, LilyC and I really enjoyed it. It gave me the same enjoyment and escapism as a fairytale. I've put up a review on Amazon but they say it might take 48 hours. Fabulous writing - brilliant. I hope Magenta has more adventures before too long. PS the cover IS fabulous - forgot to say.
  • Yay! Well done Lily. On my to buy list!
    xxx
  • Best of luck with Magenta, Lily!
  • pbw - thank you so much for the review - it's up already! I'm really touched and so pleased you enjoyed the book.

midia and Lou, thank you!
  • Will download tomorrow read the first and loved it.
  • Thank you Jenny!