Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

1st Ever Competition Entry

edited October 2005 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I have never entered a writing competition before so I told myself I had to.
    So over the past eight weeks I have worked on a short story and managed to complete a good one - not the best but still worthy enough for me to smile!
    Today I posted it as an entry to one of the short story competitions Writing Magazine has been advertising over the past few months.
    I am so glad that I had the guts to complete it and POST IT!!!!
  • Well done Alana,

Now don't rest on those laurels, get on with the next project. You'll become a nervous wreck if you just sit and await result of this entry.
  • I would echo Jan's comment
  • Well done Alana and the best of luck.
  • Well done Alana. We hope to read your winning entry in WM. Now write and post another story.
  • That's the way to go :)
  • Thank You All for your support!
    I have just received the July issue of Writing Magazine this week (being in NZ we are a bit behind in issues) so I am interested in entering the Crime Short Story.
    I will be starting to work on that project within the next week.  Got a few months to write and sub-edit it before posting again.
    Thanks
    Alana
  • Congrats Alana! It's scary sending it off, isn't it?
  • Good for you Alana.  I think getting your work out there is such a milestone.  Best of luck.
    Jacey
  • Hi Alana.  Well done!  If you're going to enter the crime short story competition and you need some info, I have posted a website on crime for Lixxy in Queries and under Subject: CWA Debut Dagger.  Best of luck and ciao from Rita.