Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

hi

RobRob
edited February 2012 in Writing
Hi . My Name is Rob. I haven't visited this site for a long whie , but I would like to chat to other writers again.

Comments

• Hello again Rob. Glad you're back, so just comment, or start a discussion. :)
  • Hi Rob!
  • Well, this is the place, Rob - come and chat to your heart's content!
  • hello Rob.
  • Glad you're here Rob - welcome back
  • Welcome back.
  • Hello Rob, welcome back!
  • Hello Rob. :)
  • Hi Rob - you're right, tis good to commune.
  • Welcome back.
  • Hi Rob. :)
  • Hello Rob.
  • Greetings, Rob.
  • Welcome back Rob.
  • [quote=Rob]I would like to chat to other writers again. [/quote]

Welcome back, but you'll have to make do with us lot!
  • ......and me.
    Hello rob.
  • Ibble obble black bobble ibble obble out

[quote=Baggy Books]but you'll have to make do with us lot!
    [/quote]
  • Hi everybody cheers for replying. I have been very busy since the last time I wrote on this site. I am relieved to say I have finished two books that took me forever to complete, for one reason or another. I am working on a trilogy (spiritual novels) that will take me another ten years to complete! I would love to hear anybody else's news on completing work.

Rob
  • [quote=Rob]I would love to hear anybody else's news on completing work. [/quote]

I'm sure the replies will come flooding in soon Rob.
  • Welcome back, hope you enjoy your time here.
  • [quote=Rob] I would love to hear anybody else's news on completing work. [/quote]

Perhaps you should start a thread dedicated to just this, Rob, as not everyone has the time or inclinication to read through every single thread on Talkback. A lot of us, like you, go away for a bit and then when we come back there's loads to read, so if you have a particular point you want discussed, it's best starting a thread specifically for that point.
  • edited February 2012
    I'll see if I can find any threads where this is discussed. If I manage to stay awake. (Sorry, that can be misinterpreted. I've been asleep for most of the time since half past six yesterday evening. It's now gone 1am. I didn't sleep much the night before.)
  • [quote=Rob]I would love to hear anybody else's news on completing work. [/quote]

I'm not entirely sure whether you mean what we've written; or how we managed to spur ourselves on and finish writing our novels, etc. I suspect the latter. I'll do a search.
  • edited February 2012
    You may find something if you do a topic search using these words:

Finish
    Complete
    Achievements

Here are the titles of some threads:

Losing the plot and finding an ending
    ending stories
    stuck in the middle.... :/
    Work being published on ...
    Anyone writing?

There are references to a character questionnaire, but the one link I found didn’t work.

I posted this in February 2011:
    I've just added 243 words to my novel-in-progress. It now stands at 17,620 words. I began it in February 2007, but have had to stop writing it several times when I've been ill. Because it was so long and I didn't have a synopsis, I would find it difficult to begin again (it would take quite a while to re-read it). I now have a summary showing, in about one line, what happens on each page. I'm aiming for a 40,000-word novella, so I should finish sometime in 2015. So don't forget to diarise the launch party or whatever's replaced it!