Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in April 2012's magazines probably due out 1st March?

edited February 2012 in - WM and WN
Who’s in April 2012’s magazines? The magazines probably won’t be out until Thursday 1st March so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and which page; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Just received my April issue. Going to scan through it while I enjoy a cup of tea.
  • [quote=Jay Mandal]Who’s in April 2012’s magazines? The magazines probably won’t be out until Thursday 1st March so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.[/quote]
    WHY oh why do magazines do this? It's not the end of February yet and you're talking about April's issue. And Wilts already has his/hers!
    Is there some deep and meaningful reason I have missed?
  • [quote=Wilts]Just received my April issue. Going to scan through it while I enjoy a cup of tea.[/quote]
    Really?? We haven't had ours yet!
    No deep and meaningful reason Liz, just that it's standard throughout the industry to forward date. Among the theories is one that readers who buy a copy towards the end of the cycle might feel short-changed if it wasn't still labelled "new". But since it's common knowledge, I don't really see how anyone's fooled!
    The on-sale date is 1 March, but it's exaggerated even further as a result of our long-standing policy of ensuring subscribers get their copies before the mag is in the shops.
  • [quote=liz young]Is there some deep and meaningful reason I have missed?
    [/quote]

Absolutely yes.

It's because everyone in the industry buys their calendar from Delboy and Rodney.
  • Yes really Webbo. Scanned through it and will read more thoroughly tonight.
  • I find the forward dating thing really annoying. I can understand making sure an issue dated March isn't still on sale come the start of April, and so getting April's issue out a few days ahead of the first, but putting a date so far in advance just seems daft. You end up with a situation where the January issue had an article on earning extra money in time for Christmas and another on planning for the year ahead when according to the cover it had already begun.
  • Probably some psychology at play in the reasoning...
  • Just received mine (Tues 28th Feb).
  • So's mine. I'm about to get some lunch and start reading.
  • read mine noticed one TBer thing but thats it will scan again with a closer eye
  • I am shortlisted in the 1000 word short story competition.
  • Well done, Viv. Got mine 2, hooray!
  • Good stuff Viv.
  • Well done, Viv. Alfie Dog Limited - short story download project is in.
  • Well done, Viv.

Got mine but haven't looked at it yet.
  • Noticed that, Mutley!
  • Congratulations Mutley and Viv, noticed your mentions.

Really enjoying this issue- lots of useful info, thanks Jonathan and team. :)

(the contracts explanation info has bits that will help in sorting the OWC anthology contract.)
  • well done to Mutley and Viv. I saw another TBer in WN.
  • Congrats to Mutley and Viv!
  • My copy arrived today.

Congratulations to Mutley and Viv!
  • Just spotted my name!

WM page 41 Book Winner.

I'm the first one mentioned under 'The four other book winners were:'
  • I've spotted another TBer in WN.
  • Yes I saw that Kado well done and yes there is still another Tber.
  • Well done Kado.
  • Well done Kado, Mutley
  • Congratulations to Viv, Mutley and Kado!
  • Oooo not read mine properly yet! Have read the news page and the letters. I saw about the alfiedog site. Will be looking out for all the other TBers. So far, I don't think I am in it.
  • Mr Staple is back, bearing his all in the centrefold - such naughtiness

Well done y'all in this month's magalzeen
  • Well done Kado
  • Congrats, Kado.

I saw another TBer too...
  • Congratulations Viv, Mutley and Kado.
  • You can STOP that now thanks Stan.
  • Yeah - we get the POINT!
  • You do?!
  • Bought a copy of WM as I always do when I come to England, and still checking it out . Well done to Viv, Mutley and Kado.
    But - why the coyness on the rest? I don't know who people are referring to when they say 'saw another tber' - which is a tad frustrating...
  • I think possibly people are waiting for the "another Tber" to out themselves, to let them announce their success themselves, Claudia.
  • It's possible their issue hasn't arrived yet, or they haven't looked at it yet.
  • [quote=dora]I think possibly people are waiting for the "another Tber" to out themselves,[/quote]

Oh, okay.
  • It maybe me! I'm told by friends I am shortlisted in the 1000 word story this month, but my copy has not arrived yet so can't confirm it.

Congratulations to all others...
  • Mine arrived this morning in sunny Brittany.
  • Mine arrived today.
  • [quote=Webbo]our long-standing policy of ensuring subscribers get their copies before the mag is in the shops.[/quote]

Hmmm...unfortunately that doesn't apply to your (very) southern readership, Webbo. :( Still waiting, waiting, waiting down here.......
  • I like the poetry work shop pages in WM this month. More please!
  • [quote=Island Girl]Hmmm...unfortunately that doesn't apply to your (very) southern readership, Webbo. Still waiting, waiting, waiting down here....[/quote]
    Should have thought of that when I first wrote. It would be lovely if we could get mags out to the world at the same time! Sorry for the frustration.

[quote=kateyanne]I like the poetry work shop pages in WM this month. More please![/quote]
    Great! We're trying to get more like that.
  • Mine have now arrived in less than sunny Japan ...
  • Well done to everybody that's in the mag
    I got the Star Letter & 'Win a Book' Paranormal Novel!
  • Congratulations, Sally!