Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Er... my Writing Magazine for June arrived today!

I finally succeeded in making a time machine for liz young to take her back 10 days, but it must have gone wrong and taken me forward 10 days!

Comments

• Ooooh, any winning lottery numbers hidden away in there?
  • No, no, absolutely not.

*hurries furtively to newsagent"
  • mine too.
  • edited April 2012
    Ooer is somebody getting ahead of themselves?

They should enter the sprint race in the olympics.
  • Hmmm... mine too. How strange! Perhaps they are all going on holiday?
  • I wish we were!
    No, it's all to do with distribution and scheduling in here - around our many other titles, etc. Originally should have been next week, but we had to bring the newsstand date forward, and of course we have to make sure subscribers get it first!
    Normal service will resume next month (and when I say next month, that actually means July!)
  • And mine!
    Nah, they're always pretty early. And WF. I've got overload at present, two mags needing attention at the same time ... and of course I'm sposed to be in the bath right now getting ready for work and WHAT am I doing?
  • Get off TB and get in that bath, Ceka!
  • Go on ceka, we'll scrub your back for you :)
  • edited April 2012
    [quote=dora]Go on ceka, we'll scrub your back for you [/quote]

*ever the gentleman, averts gaze and coughs discreetly*

(Mine's here, browsing now)
  • Mine's arrived today as well!
  • I'll start the usual thread up.
  • edited April 2012
    Thread started for the June magazine.

Quite surprised to see it had arrived this week, rather than early next week. :)
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven] time machine for liz young[/quote]

Bless you, Lou. After a morning at the dentist it's nice to know you thought of me.

And June's mag? I haven't finished reading May's yet - which came in April. This A-Z blog has put me behind on everything.
    No, that don't read right! Me behind is on a chair. Oh never mind - you know what I mean.
    Now off to eat lunch with my new teeth.
  • [quote=Webbo]Normal service will resume next month (and when I say next month, that actually means July!)[/quote]

So if you're not getting back to normal until July, does that mean we'll get July's and August's (and possibly September's) mags in July?
  • You could patent this time-travel device, Webbo. Does Stephen Hawking know about it?
  • Mine came through this morning too (apparently!) so looking forward to reading that :)
    still not finished last month's one though.. it keeps getting tidied up while I am at work!

Now you have perfected the time machine, could you work on a tracking device for them too? :)
  • [quote=Maulus]it keeps getting tidied up while I am at work!
    [/quote]

Someone else tidies up? Wow! Mind you, if anyone messed with my writing corner there'd be blood on the walls.
  • [quote=liz young]So if you're not getting back to normal until July, does that mean we'll get July's and August's (and possibly September's) mags in July?[/quote]
    Sorry, I was being flippant. The July issue moves back a little towards normal timing, and you should get it at around the end of May (ahead of newsstands on 7 June). August issue should get to you on about 1 July and September's should get to you from about 31 July onwards.
  • Got mine too, in spite of tide and wind!
  • [quote=Webbo]I was being flippant.[/quote]
    So was I :)

[quote=bertiebear]Got mine too, in spite of tide and wind![/quote]
    Are those the ones that wait for no man? says she, misquoting like mad.
  • Got mine too
  • And me. But too busy to open it yet...

Three things left on the TODO list - then - the TREAT!
  • You lucky lot all of you. Mine hasn't arrived!
  • Have already spotted some rather spiffing people...
  • Somewhere around p53 and p66, a whole page of 4 ads has been repeated. Just thought I'd mention it.
  • I have just subscribed to WM yesterday, so I await the arrival of mine. Up to now I've been relying on buying it off the shelf, and sometimes been disappointed. I still haven't finished reading the May issue though.
  • [quote=JohnWho63]and sometimes been disappointed[/quote]

Well, as I keep telling you, you are a man of a certain age and let's face it, those front covers can be deceiving.
  • [quote=dora] you are a man of a certain age [/quote]

Dora - are you simply assuming that JohnWho 63 is actually 63, or do you have a personal relationship with him you haven't told us about?
  • edited April 2012
    [quote=Wilts]Mine hasn't arrived![/quote]

Where do you live, Wilts? Mine got here today and I live 2000 miles south of UK.
    Ner ner ner NER ner!
    :)

edited to remove one ner!
  • Maybe John was born in '63, which would make him (reaches for calculator) 49. Whipper-snapper.
  • [quote=bertiebear]Somewhere around p53 and p66, a whole page of 4 ads has been repeated. Just thought I'd mention it.[/quote]
    Yes, very annoying production error... it was caused by our server crashing on print day which goes right to the top of the list of Things You Don't Want to Happen.
  • Oooops. At least it was a problem out of your control.
  • [quote=dora]Well, as I keep telling you, you are a man of a certain age and let's face it, those front covers can be deceiving.[/quote]

[quote=liz young]Dora - are you simply assuming that JohnWho 63 is actually 63, or do you have a personal relationship with him you haven't told us about?[/quote]

[quote=bertiebear]Maybe John was born in '63, which would make him (reaches for calculator) 49. Whipper-snapper.[/quote]

A man of a certain age indeed! :D Actually liz and bb you are both wrong. I was born in 1955, and will be 57 next birthday. :D The 63 refers to 1963, the year that Doctor Who began.
  • Magnificent!
    Nov 23, the day after JFK!
  • Actually, WM is to be congratulated - it beat Writer's Forum by a whole day, and they are usually hot off the mark (and the press).
    And that's in spite of the server crashing! (Do you realise that if you wrote that sentence 10 or more years ago, we'd all be thinking of some aged retainer (not JohnWho63) falling over and dropping the best silver?)Well done, Webbo!
  • I bought a copy today - from Tesco. I couldn't find it on the shelf, but a helpful assistant retrieved it from his distribution facilitator (trolley for short). He also suggested I may like a copy of Writers' Forum. I declined as I have that one delivered.
  • *Shocked silence*
  • [quote=bertiebear]some aged retainer (not JohnWho63)[/quote]

aged? I'm not old, but a 'man of a certain age' according to Dora. *hobbles off to find my zimmer frame* ;)
  • :)

AWwwww, cheer thees up John, it could be worser :)
  • It could indeed, but I am mostly positive about life. It's a good thing we can joke about it. :D
  • No,no, I said NOT JohnWho63. perish the thought. You're only a few months older than me, and I'm positively youthful. **skips lithely from the room, stops in dark corner to catch breath**
  • [quote=JohnWho63]It's a good thing we can joke about it[/quote]

No other way to live it.

Life is one big joke, if you really, really think about it. Somebody somewhere is having the last laff and it ain't the hooman race.
  • [quote=dora]Life is one big joke, if you really, really think about it.[/quote]

My philosophy exactly, dorakins, the older you get the more ridiculous it seems.
  • S'funny how things that were sooooooooooooo important in your teens, are just laffable now, when I think of how I agonised over stuff and the stuff I agonised over - I'm practically wetting myself now.
  • edited April 2012
    You're a bit young for incontinence, dear, :)
  • Our teens? omg mine seem so recent, and yet it was four decades ago. Time flies so fast as you get older. I now treasure every day, and live and love without holding back. I held back enough in my teens and 20s, but no more. :)
  • [quote=JohnWho63]Time flies so fast as you get older. [/quote]

I'm pushing 76, its scary, which is why you have to laugh.
  • [quote=snailmale]I'm pushing 76, its scary, which is why you have to laugh.[/quote]

Which makes me a mere youth at nearly 57. ;)