Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Two in one

edited June 2012 in - Writing Tales
Wehay, two articles I submitted to The Countryman magazine have been published in the same issue.

Comments

• Oh wow - that's stardom. Congratulations.
  • Brilliant - well done!
  • Well done DB, that's brilliant!
  • Wow! Congratulations!
  • So they've asked you to write a regular column? :)
  • That's fantastic well done!
  • Double whammy. Double wow!
  • DB, that's great news! Well done!
  • "gasp"

"bows down"

"chants"

we're not worthy ... we're not worthy ...

well done Youoooooooooooooohoo.
  • [quote=liz young]So they've asked you to write a regular column? :)[/quote]

Regular for one issue!
  • I've never submitted an article. I just find it rather daunting. I'm not sure where to start but I'd love to.
  • Well done.
  • Congratulations, DB, and both in the same issue...
  • Keep a copy handy, a double success is sure to inspire more good writing, well done Dene
  • Well done Dene. Onwards and upwards.
  • [quote=LadyRenate]I've never submitted an article. I just find it rather daunting. I'm not sure where to start but I'd love to. [/quote]

It is daunting at first, but if you learn about the way to approach magazines and how to write articles it's not so bad. I find it quite addictive now as I'm always getting ideas and trying to find suitable magazines to pitch to.
  • Nice one :) :) :)
  • [quote=doodleysquit]Keep a copy handy, a double success is sure to inspire more good writing, well done Dene [/quote]

Talking of more writing, I've just pitched an idea to Aviation News and the editor is interested but it'll have to wait a bit as he's got a backlog of articles. At least that'll give me time to do research.
  • Hey, that's so great! Well done.
  • Well done, DB!
  • Bonus! Nice one, DB :D
  • Congratulations DB!
  • Good one, DB