Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in August 2012's magazines due out 5th July?

edited June 2012 in - WM and WN
Who’s in August 2012’s magazines? The magazines probably won’t be out until Thursday 5th July so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• Anyone know if they're due to appear in this month's issue?
  • Mine have just arrived!
  • Mine has arrived too. I'm pleased to see the 'Edit Yourself' article, very timely for me right now. I haven't yet looked through it to see which TBers are in it this month.
  • Post hasn't arrived yet, so fingers crossed my copy arrives today.
  • *rushes to post*

It's here! Yay!

Oh, darn. Too much to do to read it...
  • edited July 2012
    Post has just arrived and the magazine is here- hurray.

There are a few TB's mentioned this month.
  • [quote=Carol]There are a few TB's mentioned this month[/quote]

Are there? I scooted through to find them but didn't spot any. Reveal yourselves!
  • Mine arrived today; haven't spotted any TB's yet.
  • Just got in to find mine on the mat.
  • Yep, spotted the first familiar name very early on...
  • Spotted my name in a letter which was a pleasant surprise - and well justified.
  • One TB has an article in, but as she lives across the globe she won't have her copy yet to announce her inclusion- but look at the first of the four contributors on page 3 under the Editor's piece.

(And you're sworn to silence.)
  • Mine has arrived today. I'm not always sure if I see TBers there as I don't know the real names of many.
  • It's here! Well done writebag!

An enjoyable read and took my mind off my migraine.
  • Congrats to all - I might try and get a copy this month, but it was such a faff last month I'm not sure I can face it again.
  • If you go to the shops Thursday/Friday, you should be able to get a copy before they all go.
  • But do I really want one? Still loads from the last one to read.
  • I was surprised to see mine had arrived today. I haven't opened it yet. I had to go out to my Flabelos appointment.
  • Carol, I'm not subscribed and the July mag won't get to Australian shops until September. Is the article mine? :rolleyes:
  • [quote=Baggy Books]But do I really want one? Still loads from the last one to read. [/quote]

I think you should, BB ;)
  • [quote=Nena]Carol, I'm not subscribed and the July mag won't get to Australian shops until September. Is the article mine? [/quote]

Yes. First of a two-part series on successful e-book publishing, plus the mention of your books-by name- in the bit I mentioned previously.
    Congratulations. :)
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]Baggy Books wrote: But do I really want one? Still loads from the last one to read.

I think you should, BB [/quote]

I think you should as well, BB, might help you to lighten up ! :D
  • Aw wow, well done Nena!
  • [quote=writebag]Spotted my name in a letter which was a pleasant surprise - and well justified.[/quote]

Well done, writebag!
  • Congratulations, Nena!
  • [quote=Carol]es. First of a two-part series on successful e-book publishing, plus the mention of your books-by name- in the bit I mentioned previously.
    Congratulations. [/quote]

Ooh, thanks Carol. I'll have to keep my eye out for it coming into the shops.
  • Funnily enough I was in a shop this morning that I tried last month. Guess what was there - the old copy!

Then I floated over to the cream cakes, had a drool and realised I must lighten up so didn't buy.
  • I still think you should get this month's BB :), or at least browse it on the shelf.
  • No, not this month - it's not easy to get around here. Buying it on-line is OK for a one-off if there's something particularly interesting to read.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Then I floated over to the cream cakes[/quote]

Mmmmmm! SchlUUUUUUrp! In my dreams.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]No, not this month - it's not easy to get around here. Buying it on-line is OK for a one-off if there's something particularly interesting to read. [/quote]

You're mentioned in one of the letters.
  • Didn't know that. I hope it was something nice.
  • Damn. I just whispered to DB to delete that post before you stumbled upon it, it being against TB rules and all that to spill the beans...
  • Never mind. I can't get a copy.

It might explain a couple of emails I've received today complimenting me on my 'eagle eyes' and offering me some work.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Didn't know that. I hope it was something nice.[/quote]

We've been hinting to you to get it.
  • [quote=snailmale]We've been hinting to you to get it. [/quote]

Ah, missed that. I just thought Webbo was paying you commission.
  • Still haven't got mine yet, though I did get two separate renewal letters this morning, so I know they know I'm still here.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]Damn. I just whispered to DB to delete that post before you stumbled upon it, it being against TB rules and all that to spill the beans... [/quote]

Oops! I didn't know it was bad form telling someone they're in the mag.
  • edited July 2012
    It arrived this morning - maybe it saw me filling in the renewal form, and decided it was still loved after all.
  • [quote=DeneBebbo]Oops! I didn't know it was bad form telling someone they're in the mag. [/quote]

Don't worry, DeneBebbo. These things happen!!