Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My poem runner up

edited August 2012 in - Writing Tales
Just heard my poem, Untying the apron strings, is runner-up in issue 131 of Writer's Forum!

Comments

• Ooooh! Well done!
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne.
  • Well done, ka! I've just bought my first ever Writers' Forum. I'll have to check if it's the right issue.
  • Congratulations ka. You regularly win prizes. Well done, you!
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!
  • Runner-up, eh? That's a silver medal - well done!
  • Congratulations Kateyanne. I will look forward to reading it. :)
  • Well done Kateyanne.
  • Now that WOULD be an anthology worth having ... all your runner-up and winning poems!
    well done, KA! (yet again!)
  • Brilliant - another success - fantastic news
  • Congratulations, Kateyanne!!!
  • Well done, Kateyanne!
  • Congratulations Kateyanne (need to go look up Nefertari)
  • Bravo, Nefertari/KA!
  • Good stuff, Nefertari
  • Well done! Give yourself a treat.
  • Congratulations. The change of name confused me. Well done.
  • Hurray! Well done Nefertari/Kateyanne! When is your poetry collection coming out? I think it must be time!
  • Hi, Lou.
    I am looking into trying a few poetry publishers, not sure which ones. I doubt it will be easy but I don't really want to self publish them at this stage.
    Maybe I'll try Cinnamon Press, is it? I think you send them some poems and if they like them they publish a book of your poems.
  • Well done and good luck with finding a publisher! :)
  • Well done, KateyAnne!

Cinnamon Press have a good reputation. They're very small but I get the impression if you catch their attention they will put a lot of effort into doing your work justice. Good luck!
  • Well done!
  • Well done, kateyanne/nefertari.
  • Congratulations!
    Yes - I too didn't know this was our Kateyanne - out of curiosity - why the name change?
  • Hi Claudia,
    Well I have been on TB for nearly seven years now and had been thinking of a change. Then Liz's post the other day on the change of name thread prompted me to do it. Kateyanne is my daughter's name not mine anyway.
    I like all things Egyptian ( especially the OH :) ) hence the name Nefertari. Sorry if it confused anyone. I did mention it on the change of name thread.
  • [quote=Nefertari]I doubt it will be easy[/quote]

With all the competitions you have won I'm sure it will give you a really good chance.
  • Congratulations.
  • Well done. Congratulations.
  • Congrats. Second place is still a great accomplishment.

You make me feel bad because I don't nearly write as much poetry as I should but your success reminds me that my goal is achievable. :) So thanks for that.
  • Well done Nefertari!