Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In October 2012's WM/WN?

edited August 2012 in - WM and WN
Who’s in October 2012’s magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 6th September so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

(As Jay is not around at the moment, I've started this new thread, ready for WM arriving shortly.)

This issue is supposed to have the annual Competition Special...

Comments

• Hooray Carol! I looked at the date today and I couldn't believe it was almost mailing time again. Goody. Looking forward to the October issue.
  • Haven't received my subscription copy yet - usually it's arrived several days before the end of the month. Have you received yours... anyone?
  • No. The last few months it's been turning up on Monday, and if I haven't got it Monday- others have- and mine usually arrives on the Tuesday.
  • I expected mine today, but no show. It might be a couple of days later because of Bank Holiday weekend last weekend.
  • Could be that with Webbo on holiday there's no one to hurry the printers along...:)
  • Mail box still sadly empty...
  • Mine too. But my mailbox is quite happy. It's me that's sad.
  • I haven't had mine yet either - maybe the bank holiday has caused a delay?
  • If the magazine had been due last week I could have understood a delay.
    My Radio Times has come through as normal today- on BH weeks it is delayed and delivered Wednesday's.
  • Post just been but no mag. :(
  • Waiting by letter box...
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]Waiting by letter box... [/quote]

Are you peering out or will that frighten the postie?
  • edited September 2012
    [quote=Carol]If you spot yourself[/quote]

I know I'm going to look very green and naive by asking this but how do you get to be in writing magazine?
  • No mag, not even any mail whatsoever.
  • Not in my post today either.

[quote=BuickMackane]I know I'm going to look very green and naive by asking this but how do you get to be in writing magazine?[/quote]

Well there is a members section (for subscribers) in Writers News and any significent successes, you can e-mail the details to the magazine and you might get included.

Sometimes there are articles by TB's. And occasionally a mention in a professional capacity- publishing wise.
  • I've tweeted WM and asked about the non arrival of subscription copies.
  • [quote=Carol]I've tweeted WM and asked about the non arrival of subscription copies.[/quote]
    And I'm replying here! Hope that's okay.
    I'm afraid the bank holiday caused some hiccups at the printers which have knocked on to cause a delay. They were despatched on Monday, so I would have expected at least some of you to get it by today, but I hope they'll all come tomorrow... and the wait will be worth it. Apologies you've had to wait at all.
  • I've been trawling the shops for a copy as I'm only here for a few days. No joy so far...
  • [quote=BuickMackane]how do you get to be in writing magazine?
    [/quote]

1) find a bench (preferably not one near the bus station as it'll no doubt be in use)

2) lay down on said bench

3) open writing magazine and wrap it around your body

4) you are now in writing magazine. Congratulations.

"crouches in a shopping trolley and waits, keeping ogley eye on shelves at supermarket"
  • Open it in the middle before you wrap it around yourself if you want to be the centrefold.
  • And check first that dora isn't in there waiting for you.
  • Nah, I'd not go there S&M, staples would chafe innit

Okay, back to topic please Who is in October's Writing Mag?
  • Claudia, you'll find it in main newsagents- W H Smith, possibly Waterstones, but usually doesn't appear on the shelves until Friday-a few might have it on show Thursday, but it's usually Friday.
  • Mine still hasn't arrived yet
    *sobs and re-reads last month's
  • My post doesn't usually arrive until late morning anyway. So I'll see if it's turned up when I get back from belly dancing.
  • Mine has arrived! Looking forward to reading it over lunch later.
  • Huzzah! At least we know one copy is now in the wild! Hope you all get yours soon.
  • And mine! All heavy and full of promise...
  • What a tease you are, Webbo!
  • Mine's just arrived!
  • Post hasn't been yet. :(
  • pbw, you can remove your sleeping bag from beneath the letterbox now.

Mine's not here. We have a new postman so that might explain it.
  • Mine hasn't arrived yet. So very miffed to see it on sale in my local Sainsbury's!
  • [quote=BuickMackane] how do you get to be in writing magazine? [/quote] As well as the methods aleady mentioned you could win one of the competitions, write an article or have a piece of writing put 'under the microscope'.

Got my mag.
  • please Mr Postman, look and see...
    my post hasn't been arrriving until mid-afternoon, I'm rushing to finish the chores so that I'm ready with my highlighter pen and sticky arrows if my copy arrives today
  • just heard a squeak of the front gate, ran downstairs (ran!) there was a promising bulge in the door curtain and the post has arrived with my copy of WRITING MAGAZINE HURRAH it's so choc-a-bloc with good stuff it's dented the doormat with it's weight. ABANDON ALL CHORES
  • [quote=LilyC]What a tease you are, Webbo!
    [/quote]

I'll say, with all this extra width being slipped into everyone's letterboxes.

What a to do!
  • Ahh, it's here. What a relief.
  • Mine has arrived! So no longer miffed. Our postman was very late today. Had a quick scan through, looks to be a really good edition.
  • [quote=doodle]with my highlighter pen and sticky arrows [/quote]
    I do this too :D

No postie yet....
  • My postie came, but with NO WM! I bet he's delivered it to the wrong house being new and all that.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]pbw, you can remove your sleeping bag from beneath the letterbox now.
    [/quote]

No. Postie didn't come today. Obviously, he thinks I'm smelly.
  • [quote=doodle] it's so choc-a-bloc with good stuff[/quote]

Dooooooooaaaaaaw! 'Snotfair.
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]No. Postie didn't come today. Obviously, he thinks I'm smelly. [/quote]

Snuggle back down then, pbw. Another night of camping underneath the letterbox.
  • The post has arrived but no WM. :(
    Not a happy writer.
  • [quote=paperbackwriter]Obviously, he thinks I'm smelly.
    [/quote]

Yep. That's summat even your bestest friends on TB couldn't bring ourselves to tell you.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]My postie came, but with NO WM! I bet he's delivered it to the wrong house being new and all that.
    [/quote]

yes, I bet he delivered it to the house with his own address on :) cheeky postie