Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In October 2012's WM/WN?

13»

Comments

• [quote=dora]Question about the comp issue: I see the close dates on comps you've displayed only go up to June. If your next comp issue is out in October 2013, does this mean all the inbetweeners (love that programme btw) comps ie July to Sept don't get a mention?[/quote]
    We'll be doing an inbetweener comp supp with the April issue to cover the months from April to end of 2013. It was always frustrating – have a look at one of the previous year's comp supps – how many comps towards the end of the year were TBC and how many we missed because they didn't exist yet when we were putting it together 18 months earlier, so we decided it was best just to skip them for now and give them proper coverage closer to the time, rather than given an incomplete picture now.
  • We are all sock puppets (now I finally know what that means thanks to WM!)!
  • Well done to all three of you.
    I am still waiting for my mag.

I have a list of some people's TB names, blog names and real names, but I still get muddled.
    I'd call it Old-Timers' Disease except that I've been this vague all my life?
    Can "Early Onset" start at sixteen?
  • [quote=dora]plus their half price wine offer is on till 23rd September if you're interested)[/quote]

So the minute I land at Gatwick on 22nd I shall rush to Sainsbury's.

No, on second thoughts, I shall rush to the school gates for my Nanny Liz hugs - those beat a bottle of cheap wine any day!
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]We are all sock puppets (now I finally know what that means thanks to WM!)![/quote]

*Has taken slugmug in for questioning. Can it be that snailmale is harbouring a malevolent alta ego? Is slugmug the troll within ?*
  • It's here - the post lady had to get out of her van and unlock the postbox to fit it inside. I've had a flick through, and there seems to be a lot to read, as ever, if the big words are anything to go by.
    As soon as lunch is over, I will sit down with my specs on and look at all the little words.
    [quote=Lizy]No, on second thoughts, I shall rush to the school gates for my Nanny Liz hugs - those beat a bottle of cheap wine any day![/quote]
    I'll be getting my Granny Bear hugs at the end of the month, and they are beyond price.
  • Well done to Lizy for being shortlisted in the new subscribers' short story competition!!

(She knows now. No cats have been let out of bags.)
  • Congratulations, Lizy!
  • Well done, Lizy!
  • [quote=Tiny Nell](She knows now. No cats have been let out of bags.)[/quote]

As I said on my own thread earlier - from all your "We're not saying" comments, I had guessed.
    This is a woman who does cryptic crosswords to relax - and if I could get a book of Telegraph Toughie crosswords I would be ecstatic.
    A fistful of heavy hints on these threads was a doddle to unravel, but thanks for trying!
    :)
  • Well done, Lizy.
  • Congrats Lizy!
  • Congratulations, Lizy!
  • Mine has arrived on my ipad ... started to read it.