Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I am back into the writing mode!

edited October 2012 in - Writing Tales
Last month on Writers Talkback I asked advice on whether I should just write socially for myself or give up on writing altogether because I have had no success in the past. I am very grateful for all the advice I received because it made me think positively.
And so far my 'Writing Tale' is that today I have just completed the first chapter of a romance novel - YIPPEE!!!
You all have got me back into the writing mode and my enjoyment of a GREAT hobby, that could bring me success in the future!
Thanks Everyone!!!

Comments

• Wonderful news Alana.
  • Glad you're 'at it', Alana.

Just one thing you might like to consider:

I'm the only male in my little writers circle and am considered an honorary chick. My real name, surprisingly, is not snailmale, nor even S&M, as some people would have it , but is (Looks round furtively to see if anyone's listening) Alan.

My lady friends, however, have re-christened me Alana, and I think that using your own name could result in guilt by association for you. Perhaps you should consider a pseudonym ?
  • SM, no-one's going to mistake you for a girl! (Not that I was listening in one someone else's conversation, oh dear me, no.)
    Alana, go for it. Writing is heaven and hell in equal measures - well, perhaps more hell to earn the heaven, but the heaven's worth it. You have to fight for your art!
    Nobody's ever painted a picture of a totally relaxed artist gorging in a palace, only one starving in a garret. What does that tell you?
    a) that writing is good for the diet
    b) that writers don't earn much
    c) If you did see a picture of a fat and lazy artist, you wouldn't respect their work.
  • Great news, Alana!

As they say, from little acorns . . .
  • Brilliant news! So pleased for you. Keep on at it and let us know how you progress - if you want us to nag you, we will!
  • Great news, Alana!
  • Well done, Alana for getting 'Back on the horse' :-)
  • Well done. As one who's often motivationally challenged it's good to hear of someone overcoming that hurdle and racing forward. Congratulations.
    Keep it up.
  • Alana, I remember you were an enthusiastic member of the Talkback Short Story Group whenever you were able, so I am very, very pleased to see you now have a complete chapter under your belt. That is a major achievement. Well done.

Kind regards,
    Dora
  • Go, Al-an-a, go Al-an-a!

Once the writing bug has entered your system there is no known cure. Remission times vary and for a while you may think you've shaken the darn thing off. Don't be fooled.
  • This weekend I typed up the first chapter of the novel and edited some of it.
    So tomorrow I have planned to start working on Chapter Two. With all of your comments above you have definitey made me feel VERY POSITIVE for me to continue the story.
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!