Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's In February 2013's WM/WN?

edited December 2012 in - WM and WN
Who’s in February 2013's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 3rd January so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

They'll probably be later arriving than usual, with all the public holidays/extra post at this time of year...

Comments

• Wishing your life away, Carol!
  • Sadly, most magazines work well ahead...:)
  • Looking forward to my copy arriving. A great kickstart for getting the writing motivation going in the New Year!
  • Yes, I'm planning to subscribe again as I'm on a mission to write this year, but have to wait until at least January 1st if I want to be eligible for the New Subscribers comp :)

Still, I am brewing some ideas for the competition.

Looking forward to seeing whoever is in the Feb issue. :)
  • I have only managed to read a few pages of January's issue!
    At this rate I shall have to give up my subscription or be buried under a pile of unread magazines.
  • [quote=Lizy]At this rate I shall have to give up my subscription or be buried under a pile of unread magazines.[/quote]
    Which is precisely the reason I stopped subscribing a few years ago but then started again !
    I've only got some of November's and some of December's to read, so am doing quite well.
  • Saw the Feb issue in WHSmith in Waterloo station today.
  • [quote=lexia]Which is precisely the reason I stopped subscribing a few years ago [/quote]

If I do stop, can I still be a Talkbacker?
  • [quote=Lizy]If I do stop, can I still be a Talkbacker?[/quote]

I should imagine it would be impossible to shut you up. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Of course you can.

The problem we have at this time of year is that the issues that go to the wholesale distributor don't go by general post, our subscription issues come by post and are subject to the delays and holiday posting restrictions. :(

But it isn't good enough...
  • [quote=snailmale]I should imagine it would be impossible to shut you up. [/quote]

Thanks, Snailmale - and a Happy New Year to you too. :P
  • My copy has arrived and another very happy TB has their copy too.
  • It's me... I'm in there! My first published article - all about getting creative with social media. I will be on a high today!
  • I'm just going to get a cup of coffee and then I'm going to start reading, so I'll look out for your article first, Lou. Well done. :)
  • well done Lou, my mag has arrived so I look forward to reading your article. I've got to finish chores first, writing time doesn't start till 2pm so I must focus - (New Year discipline and all that). I can only excuse being on TB as this is my lunch break!
  • well done Lou.
  • Congratulations Lou - an interesting article. And a photograph at the front of the magazine! What an honour!
  • Well done (again) Lou

:)
  • Mine arrived this morning. Not had time to even open it! Well done Lou look forward to reading your article later.
  • Congratulations (again) Lou!
  • I curled up on the sofa and read it, this afternoon.
  • I've only read WN so far and I did enjoy the 1000 story. I didn't think there was a word wasted.

Looking forward to reading Lou's article as I'm about to launch myself as a social media queen for my new small business (nothing to do with writing so shan't bore on about it) so hoping for some top tips from Lou - apart from 'shut up Jan' obviously...
  • Well done Lou, again!

One of my writing circle friends has had stories short listed two months in succession. She will be unbearable! :D
  • It arrived in my postbox this very day, so I will spend a happy hour or so with it later.
  • [quote=Lou Treleaven]It's me... I'm in there! My first published article - all about getting creative with social media. I will be on a high today![/quote]

Just read it! Great ideas, really enjoyed it...finally!