Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Laila A True Story

edited March 2013 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello?

Hello?

Anybody there?
  • I'm here dahling. But where is Laila and this true story of which you speak...
  • A bad case of writers' block, perhaps.
  • Used invisible ink?
  • This is the story. Like Hemingway's "Baby goods for sale" story in 10 words.

Laila's been kidnapped, shut away in a cold dark room and forgotten about. She's calling out but nobody comes - and nobody ever will. Very clever :)
  • But we are all here ready and waiting to rescue her!
  • Eric Clapton did it...
  • She got him on his knees, though, and made him beg. Wouldn't be wise to rush in, perhaps.
  • Laila Morse from Eastenders perhaps?
  • edited March 2013
    [quote=Liz] But where is Laila and this true story of which you speak...[/quote]

It's not my discussion, dahling.

I just jumped in to have a look and no one was here. I forget the name of the instigator. Hang on . . .

Mansoor Ali - that's who posted this thread.

MANSOOR! Where are you? You tickle our fancy then leave without so much as a by your leave.
  • The account was created 16 hours ago, and last visited 15 hours ago.

It is clearly a publicity method for their kindle book of the same title which was published on the 10th.

I would be very surprised if they bother to come back...
  • Oh, that's a shame. We're not a bad lot and might have taken a bit of interest in the book.

But, as it is . . .
  • Well, that's eased my worried mind...
  • Am I bothered?
  • No, sm. You are not bothered.
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]It's not my discussion, dahling.[/quote]

Ah! I was just reading this then wondering why you were labelled as Mansoor Ali.

'eee, thought we had a mystery to solve then, but as it seems it's has been solved.

Hey ho.

I'll get back to blowing me Horlicks then.
  • edited March 2013
    [quote=Tiny Nell]No, sm. You are not bothered.[/quote]

I detect disapproval in your tone, TN.

If like me, you lived under the constant threat of recurring Fat Feet, you would consider the real or imagined problems of the mysterious Laila to be of little consequence.
  • Oh well, I'll just stick to the Clapton version with Jangod. At least it's got a soundtrack.
  • [quote=snailmale]Am I bothered?[/quote]

No - but like a fool, I'm still in love with you.
  • edited March 2013
    Understandable, if futile.

My bashful vulnerability and boyish charm is a powerful magnet for the more mature lady, but it would be unfair to favour one among so many.
  • [quote=snailmale]My bashful vulnerability and boyish charm is a powerful magnet for the more mature lady, but it would be unfair to favour one among so many.[/quote]

Mature lady?

MATURE?

You saying we're past it?
  • If you insist.
  • *hobbles off with zimmer*
  • Be careful crossing the road, dearie.
  • Why? Are you out cycling today?

*leaps in the air, clicks heels together, runs up wall and somersaults*
  • [quote=snailmale]Understandable, if futile.[/quote]

It's just your foolish pride

*wonders how much longer she can keep going with these lyrics*
  • How do you speak to an angel?
  • [quote=snailmale]How do you speak to an angel?[/quote]

What album was that off of then?
  • It was a 50's pop song, forget who.

I don't do albums as such, I'm a New Orleans/ Blues/ 40's big band sort of chap, with odd later additions like Queen, Paul Simon Tracy Chapman and one or two more.
  • [quote=jangod]*wonders how much longer she can keep going with these lyrics* [/quote]
    Let's make the best of the situation before I* finally go insane

*or you - we're running out of lines!