Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Research on innovative work generating platform

edited September 2013 in Writing
Dear writers,

I am a researcher conducting a survey on behalf of University College London that aims to help with the optimisation of an innovative client sourcing platform for service providers likes yourselves. The platform has been designed to generate work for service providers, while enabling the provision of services in a more efficient, convenient and trustworthy way.

Answering this short survey gives you an opportunity to help create a better solution for yourself, as well as other service providers and consumers. If you would like, you will be notified when the platform is launched and you will be able to use it free of charge.

You can find the survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Meritwork.

Any information provided will be treated confidentially and will not be disclosed to any third party.

Kind regards,

Nikola Kolev
University College London

Comments

• I don't know if you are having problems with your keyboard but please stop adding the same thing time and time again- this is the 4th one.
    They will all appear on the All Discussions list.
  • All done. :)
  • '... optimisation of an innovative client sourcing platform...' ?

WHAT ! ?
  • This is a joke - no?
  • I would suggest that talkback members wait until Webbo has verified this after the WM offices are open.

Tam
  • My concept management platform isn't working this morning...
  • Done and dusted.

It's not a joke, Lizy.
  • [quote=bill]WHAT ! ?[/quote] That's what I thought.
  • I think it means 'advertising' to writers...
  • It's fine. It's okay. I did a web site for my uni dissertation and I used Survey Monkey for my target market research. I recognise the style of presentation and questions and it will really help the researcher if you do it. It's not really advertising to writers. It's asking what writers need to find work. I could do with all the help I can get, so I'm for it.

My guess is the researcher wants to build one of those platforms like PPH, eLance, maybe with aspects of LinkedIn thrown in. They're good for finding work.

I'm sure it's okay.
  • No offence to the poster- but it really helps if you don't use jargon that even bright people like us struggle to make sense of.
  • LizLiz
    edited September 2013
    Client sourcing seems pretty straightforward a concept. If you are working at a university you have t use academic language, and personally I wouldn't want to be spoke down to - so it depends on how you look at it!
  • I've been in and said exactly what I'd like! I'm not sure how they could service so many kinds of industry - what I need - the ability to be put in touch with and advertise at schools is going to be very far removed from most other people. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

But I agree, Carol, it is hard to see what the above means in relation to what we do.
  • [quote=Liz]academic language[/quote]

I agree. The academic language seeps in through your pores. It's taken me years to unlearn it for my fiction.
  • Academic language bugs me, mind you some of the stuff that gets spouted when I hear hubby on the phone when he is on call just makes me laugh after all a spade will always be a spade, no matter what you call it.
  • Academic language does nothing for me. I am not an academic - which was a big shock for my tutors at theological college - and never will be. As Neph says above, a spade is a spade.
  • We need to cascade memos about our knowledge-based incremental paradigm shifts.

We need to get on-message about our synchronised policy mobility.

The consultants recommend dot-com transitional paradigm shifts.

At base level, this just comes down to total logistical matrix approaches.

We now offer diplomas in functional asset mobility.

Forward-looking companies invest in total asset projections.

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/gobbledygook-generator.html

;-)
  • nikolakolev?

Have you had useful information from the rabble on Talkback?
  • Yes, hope a good number participated. I found it interesting.
  • Hello guys.

Thank you all so much for your help. Of all the forum's I have posted in, you have been the best responders by far.

Apologies for the language, you're very right, an academic writing style really does get drilled into you, and you often forget how it might sound to others.

If you have any further questions, please ask.

All the best,
    Nikola
  • Yay! Go NK go!

We'll forgive you your greengrocer's apostrophe (forum's). An oversight, I'm sure.

Do keep us informed of the results of your survey and research. We'd love to know.

And call in anytime.

There's often coffee and cake, or even coffee cake.

And chocolate...
  • [quote=Baggy Books]Chocolate? [/quote]

You always have chocolate, BB.
  • Didn't you know? Baggster is made out of chocolate.
  • <Grabs marshmallows>
  • *feels dunked*