Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

New e-publishing video/beardwatch

2»

Comments

• [quote=snailmale]Baggy is having an uncharacteristically profound moment.[/quote]

*burps*

It's passed.
  • [quote=Liz]I meant the shock of dora appearing from orifices around the office. I mean... *decides to stop digging*
    [/quote]

It's not actually dora wot pops up.

It's a hologram Webbo created with a view to scaring himself.

Everything is not as it seems in The World of Beard.
  • Is that near the Land of the Lady Cake?

*ponders how many worlds there are*
  • [quote=Tiny Nell]I always say you can trust a man with a beard.

Apart from the Yorkshire Ripper and Harold Shipman. [/quote]

Mr Bear had a beard once for a while. When he shaved it off, a colleague looked twice, then said, 'Didn't I used to work with your father?'
    It was slow getting onto the site this morning; I think it must be all those Hollywood agents queuing to sign Webbo up.
  • Yes, it's slow loading at the moment.
  • Could we have made it too heavy? We need the new site!
  • If only...
  • It's not slow here - is it to do with your own broadband thingy?
  • No, logging on to other places it isn't that slow.
  • Yes, every other site is as quick as ever. What's more, strangely sometimes it flicks to another page more quickly than ever before, but some pages take forever. I've also had some weird warnings when trying to get into a thread that I haven't entered anything in the comment box, one warning on top of the other, when I wasn't even trying to comment.
  • [quote=Liz]one warning on top of the other[/quote]

Naughty, naughty Liz. You at it again?

<Sniggers>
  • *stares at Liz*

Hmmm.
  • I'm not staring at Liz. 'Srude to stare.
  • The app banner thing is very persistent; it starts off in the blue headline space, and when I click on Forums, it sneaks underneath it and flashes insistently, though with its head partly missing. Nag, nag, nag!
  • Forums? I don't have that heading anywhere?
  • What I don't like is that if you click on the banner it takes you away from here - almost against one's will. I prefer things to open in new tabs.

*sulks*

There's other stuff I don't like, but that's it for now.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]There's other stuff I don't like, but that's it for now.[/quote]

My HUGE gripe is websites that disable the back button. LinkedIn is a culprit for this.

You happily search via 'the God that is Google' and once you enter the clutches of that website it won't let you go.

<Spits>