Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who's in January 2014's Writing Magazines?

edited December 2013 in - WM and WN
Yes, it's that time again...

Who’s in January 2014's magazine? The magazines probably won't be in the shops until 5th December so DON'T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

Remember: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.

Comments

• I have a 4 page article on using Createspace.
  • [quote=Carol]if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending.[/quote]

Indeed - I have a letter in there about that very same subject (although my copy hasn't arrived, so can't be 100% certain).
  • I read that BB well done and well done Mutley. Haven't read that yet.
  • Read your letter BB, well done. Not had time to read your article yet Mutley but I will.
  • My mag came today; well done, Baggy Books and Mutley!
  • Haven't had time to read it yet, but congratulations, Mutley- useful article, and also BB.
  • I'm in Writer's News...I think. Haven't seen it yet.
  • Yes, you are. :)

Congratulations.
  • Well done Nena.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]

Carol wrote: if mentioning a story, don’t give away the ending. Indeed - I have a letter in there about that very same subject (although my copy hasn't arrived, so can't be 100% certain).
    [/quote]

You're ABSOLUTELY right, Baggy, as always. Don't give away the ending if you're mentioning your story.

Tbh, I'd have thought any writer busy with promoting their book through articles in writing mags, personal blogs, and what have you would have considered that point first. Still, there'll always be the few that don't really think things through properly first, in anything they do.

Hey ho. :)

Well done y'all on your appearance in the mag.
  • Anyone still waiting for their copy?
  • My copy arrived yesterday but haven't read it - didn't realise mine was the 'star' letter until Ceka emailed me.

Might have time to read some of the mag tonight - finishing at 6.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]didn't realise mine was the 'star' letter [/quote]

Yes, YES!

I so wanted to spill the beans!
  • We'll have no beans on this thread! You know what beans make us do and I'd hate the serious content of my letter to be missed.
  • Well done Star and Muts!
  • Well done BB and Mutley. Liked letter and article. Well done Nena. Haven't got as far as Writer's News yet.
  • Baggy Books - we always knew you were a Star! :)
  • Nena too! I haven't seen you yet! Congrats!
  • Well done BB
  • Lurks under postbox, tail-end-Charlie yet again. Sigh.
  • Congratulations Mutley, BB and Nena!

Mutley, I read and enjoyed your article even though I will probably never use CreateSpace - a mark of good writing that I still found it interesting and informative!
  • Well done, all you TBers.

Mutley, when I read your article I shall be taking copious notes!
  • Cleaned windows next to post box. Post person, dazzled, stopped and delivered WM. Will read at leisure.
    (Didn't deliver my new KIndle though).
  • When only a picture will do...

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp225/Baggybooks/book004_zps56ce7cb9.jpg
  • Oooh, someone's got a lovely shiny prize there.

I wonder who it could be...
  • Ooh! What fun!
  • Love it. :)
  • It's the 2013 edition.
  • [quote=Baggy Books]When only a picture will do...[/quote]
    That's two WM-related Baggy selfies! We'll start a collection.
  • [quote=dora]It's the 2013 edition.[/quote]

I can still cuddle it and pretend I is a writer.

[quote=Webbo]We'll start a collection.[/quote]

Next you'll be after one of my calendars.
  • Good to see some TBers flying the writing flag in the new Writers' Forum.
  • edited December 2013
    Well done to Mutley, Nena and Baggy - no more mags for me for several months while I'm 'Tramping' in Europe.