Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Hello from Me

edited January 2014 in Writing
just arrived on the Forum. Many thanks to a brilliant writing buddy for giving me a nudge on a competition. Hoping this will spark some new ideas and re-boot an ambition to be a scriptwriter.

Comments

• Oh I do like to meet SerenaSeaside.

Welcome.
  • That's a warm welcome or is it a chat up line?
  • As I'm married it's safer to take it as a warm welcome!
  • 'lo Serena.
  • edited January 2014
    Hello again- see, you didn't need the instructions on the other thread. :)

Sorry, it's a bit strange getting used to another Serena :) My writing alter-ego is also a Serena. :)
  • Hallo Serena, welcome to the oasis of literary accomplishment and intellectual excellence that is Talkback.
  • Welcome to the madhouse. ;-)
  • hello and welcome.
  • Hello, hello.
  • Come on in - grab a chair
  • Hello Serena.

Come and join the gang!
  • [quote=snailmale]Hallo Serena, welcome to the oasis of literary accomplishment and intellectual excellence that is Talkback.[/quote]

Other experiences also available.

Welcome, Serena!
  • [quote=Liz]Other experiences also available. [/quote]

I'm trying to create a good impression here, Liz, I think it possible Serena could be a class act. We don't want her thinking the place is over run with riff-raff, do we?

Sorry about that, Serena.
  • But snailmale, you can't judge by appearances! What is Serena is also riff-raff? We can't be elitist, we must welcome all.

Besides which, despite the fact that i would welcome riffraff, i am also a trifle miffed you have implied that I am riffraff. Or that I have over run.

I can assure you, Serena, I love riff raff that isn't me, and keep myself to myself.
  • [quote=Liz]Other experiences also available. [/quote] And inevitable!
  • Hi Serena! Welcome to Talkback. :)
  • Hello, Serena and welcome to Talkback - where we do, frequently, and not necessarily sensibly. Talk back, that is. I'm sure when I was a child (or cub) adults used to say, 'Don't talk back!' Never to me, obviously, as I was far too shy to do any such thing.
    Memory's not what it was, of course.
    Anyway, do come and join in - you have nothing to lose but your brains, sanity, and hours when you could have been writing something saleable.
  • thank you, all, for the warm welcome.

[quote=Carol]Sorry, it's a bit strange getting used to another Serena My writing alter-ego is also a Serena. [/quote]
    No worries. I'm a real Serena, and being me for a change. ;)

[quote=snailmale]I'm trying to create a good impression here, Liz, I think it possible Serena could be a class act.[/quote]
    Just heard a wicked cackle through the ether... Was that you Phots Moll?

[quote=Liz]I can assure you, Serena, I love riff raff that isn't me,[/quote]
    Erm... my riff raff has gone AWOL, but I don't mind a bit of riff raff here and there!

[quote=Phots Moll]Liz wrote: Other experiences also available. And inevitable![/quote]
    I'll be on my best behaviour ;)
  • Sounds like you are going to fit in just fine...
  • If you can cope with the assorted nuts in the Talkback bowl, you'll fit in fine, Serena. :)

I should point out I like nuts. :)
  • [quote=SerenaSeaside]Just heard a wicked cackle through the ether... Was that you Phots Moll?[/quote]

Nooooo. You'll notice I very tactfully didn't comment. I was tempted, but I didn't.

Did you see the scriptwriting in a day, thread?
  • Hi, SerenaSeaside!
  • [quote=Phots Moll]Did you see the scriptwriting in a day, thread?[/quote]
    Rings a bell, from somewhere, but will go check it out!

And hello to you, too, Kado!
  • Erm... wondering why every time I try a quote from Photsie, a smiley face pops up in the middle... Could be she's a born mischief stalking smiler ;)
  • It's actually because I'm so lovely that a smile appears whenever I'm mentioned.
  • [quote= Phots Moll]It's actually because I'm so lovely that a smile appears whenever I'm mentioned.[/quote]

Of course, but if you insert a space between = + P, you'll remove it.

;)
  • Still looking for that Scriptwriting in a Day thread, Photsie!
  • Here you go Serena! http://talkback.writers-online.co.uk/comments.php?DiscussionID=184340&page=1#Item_10
    Have I said hello? Sorry, no. Hello! Welcome to Talkback.
  • Hi, Serena. I'm one of the quieter Talkbackers. I've always been told we quiet ones are the ones to watch out for, whatever that could mean :D
  • Thanks for the link and the hello, Webbo, and also to you, too, Tristram.
  • Welcome SS :)
  • belated, but 'Howdo' :D
  • Howdo, and thank you, SilverLinings and ana s.