Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Text styling and inline images

edited January 2014 in - WM and WN
Both are now possible, as you'll see from the hopefully familiar-looking text format bar above the comments box. 
To add an image, you need to click the little picture towards the right hand side then paste the url in

Comments

• Just been

playing with this -

excellent!

• It works! Er, sort of!
  • Ah that's better! When it first came on it was massive!
  • Oh,  can't see it at all, fmn! 

Time to see if a Lola works...

• Thanks, Webbo!
  • It's very big, Liz. Lovely but very big.
  • This also fixes your objection to the emoticon obscuring your text Liz
  • FMN - can't see yours, suspect there must be a limit on how big they can be. Can anyone see FMN's pic?
  • Nope. But Liz's is far too big.
  • "This also fixes your objection to the emoticon obscuring your text Liz"

I missed that objection. If I had seen it I would have agreed! It was quite irritating.
  • LizLiz
    edited January 2014
    Is it? I made it as small as my picture editor would let me, which is smaller than I usually go - on my screen it was only a couple of cm wide! 

I think part of my problem is that it is a very high pixel camera. But still, making it smaller should work... oh dear, is it uncomfortably big for you? It's only about 8 inches across on my screen, which is 21 inches across, so I presumed it would be in proportion for the rest of you...
  • Aha, the lovely kitten has resized for me now and is visible - perhaps the system processing behind the scenes to display a smaller version. It is only going to limit by width though, so long pics will probably stay quite big
  • It's not a huge pic by web standards Liz, or definitely print, but displays with lower resolution will display it larger. Yours is probably c1920x1440 or something and some may even still be in 640x480 (i.e. smaller than the pic!)
  • It's 800x600... I can go one smaller...

I'll try with another:

• Hmm, that looks out-of-focus to me...
  • Smaller, but still too large. I just find the larger photos a distraction. They're nice to see - but they keep appearing until a new page is turned.
  • I can't go any smaller, i'm afraid... I'll just have to stop posting photos. Or maybe just do it on a photo thread.
  • A photo thread would be a good idea - although I'm always able to reduce my photos.
  • But as Webbo says, however small it is, on a low resolution screen it'll look larger - isn't that what he means? 
  • Why do other photos appear smaller? Toothlight's is fine.
  • Toothlight's original is only about 100 pixels or so.
  • The first photo was too large (vertically) to fit on my 27" iMac screen. The second was a comfortable fit. At risk of being controversial, I find animated avatars far more of a distraction than photos.
  • Webbo - any idea why my post appeared twice?
  • I only see it once OLG - any chance you hit post twice before it had acted the first time?
  • edited January 2014

"The first photo was too large (vertically) to fit on my 27" iMac screen. The second was a comfortable fit. At risk of being controversial, I find animated avatars far more of a distraction than photos." - Onelinegenie

I tend to agree - now that the images are larger. I shall be changing mine when I find something appropriate. Might even be a selfie...

• I can only see it once now as well. It was strange - posts from you and Webbo were sandwiched in between two identical posts from me. The first of the two has now gone. ISTR this happened to someone else yesterday, but I don't remember who.
  • Happened to me yesterday.

:(

• I could see my picture, first massive, then resized, but now not at all :-(
  • I can't see it at all, fmn. 

My smaller 24 inch mac has it smaller than that, OLG - how very, very strange! 

Animated avatars used to bug me too, so i thought if I can't beat 'em, join 'em, and now I am very fond of my frog, I'd be very sad to lose him...

I'll have to see if I can make pics even smaller, there must be a way, maybe by doing it in my photo thingy rather than on the desktop.  
  • Sorry to tease... have had to disable the text editor for a bit. Hopefully will return soon, but I was jumping the gun by adding it anyway.
  • It was fun while we had it...

*doodles on a notepad instead*
  • Awww...always too late to the party, me.
  • It'll be back - Webbo wouldn't dare not bring it back, now we have seen and sampled... he wouldn't survive.